Senior People Operations Manager - VirtruView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior People Operations Manager
- Job Location
- Washington DC
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Virtru is a leading data protection provider backed by some of the foremost venture capital firms in Silicon Valley and the Mid-Atlantic region, including Iconiq Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Foundry Capital, and Tiger Global. Today, more than ever, data demands respect, and that’s why Virtru is committed to changing the rules for data privacy. At Virtru, we equip our customers to take granular control of their data—everywhere it’s shared—through end-to-end encryption for Google, Microsoft, and other data sharing platforms. Our market-leading portfolio of data encryption and privacy enhancing applications are remarkably easy to use, fast to implement, affordable for all, and built on the Trusted Data Format (TDF) open standard.
At Virtru, our motto is "Respect the people. Respect the data." Respecting data to us means keeping it secure and protected at all times across its entire lifecycle. We firmly believe that when you respect data, you’re demonstrating respect for the people who own that data.
Working at Virtru, you'll be inspired by colleagues who are passionate about the work they do. We are dedicated to creating an atmosphere that sparks creativity, connection, and professional growth while empowering each other to do our best work. We're building something special at Virtru. We hope you consider joining our team and helping us create a brighter future for data privacy.
About this role:
Reporting directly to the VP of People, the Senior People Operations Manager will play a crucial role in refining and optimizing HR processes and managing HR systems. This position requires an individual with a strong analytical mindset, exceptional attention to detail, and extensive experience in driving administrative excellence. While not directly responsible for recruitment, talent management, employee relations, or engagement, this role focuses on maintaining efficiency and accuracy within People function.
- Analyze existing HR processes and workflows, identifying areas for improvement and efficiency gains.
- Develop, implement, and manage streamlined processes to enhance overall HR operational effectiveness.
HR Systems Management:
- Oversee the administration and optimization of HR systems and tools, ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Collaborate with IT and HR teams to implement updates, integrations, and enhancements to HR technology.
Benefits and Compensation Administration:
- Support the management of employee benefits and compensation programs, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Collaborate with external vendors to administer benefits programs efficiently.
Leveling and Benchmarking:
- Create title and compensation leveling to be applied across the company. Continually maintain and update leveling after creation.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Utilize data analytics to extract insights and trends related to HR processes and key metrics.
- Prepare and present reports to the VP of People, identifying areas for improvement and strategic decision-making.
Compliance and Documentation:
- Ensure HR processes align with legal requirements and compliance standards.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date HR documentation, including policies and procedures.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, providing HR support and expertise as needed.
- Collaborate with the VP of People on special projects and initiatives related to HR operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or a related field.
- Proven experience in HR process optimization, systems management, benefits, and compensation administration.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data analysis tools.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment.
Note: This job description is a general guideline and may be subject to change based on the evolving needs of Virtru.
Virtruvian qualities that will set you up for success:
- Thinking outside of the box to respectfully challenge your teammates and managers in the pursuit of excellence
- Strong sense of urgency with an action-oriented mindset
- Able to collaborate and adapt to shifting priorities as business needs evolve
- Comfortable with asynchronous communication including slack, email, zoom, etc.
PERKS & BENEFITS
At Virtru, we believe people do their best work when their wellbeing is put first. This is why we make your wellbeing our priority with a thoughtful and holistic program that encompasses Occupational, Mental, Social, Physical, and Environmental Wellness by offering benefits such as…
- A Flexible PTO policy — we strongly encourage you to take a minimum of 25 days off annually (in addition to 12 federal holidays) to ensure that you are getting the proper time needed to unplug and recharge.
- A $1,500 annual Learning & Development Stipend focused on providing you the resources to continually learn and professionally grow.
- Internal mobility options for those interested in exploring their skills in other areas of the business
- Frequent company-sponsored Team Celebrations that provide ample opportunities to connect with teammates and be social!
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Access to Headspace, a mental health app tailored to your specific needs.
- A high degree of flexibility — Have an appointment, errand, or family emergency to take care of? Hop to it! We give you the time and space to take care of you and your own first.
In addition to wellbeing, Virtru places a strong emphasis on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Our DE&I Council is dedicated to fostering an inclusive workplace and making the psychological safety of each and every one of our teammates a top priority. The Council also hosts a range of events throughout the year focused on the continual education of our teammates on social justice issues, current events, and marginalized cultures and communities.
Additional perks include:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous parental, medical, and bereavement policies
- Uncapped commissions for Sales roles
- 401K and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Annual Winter Hackathons and Summer “InnoVation Weeks” (in-person optional)
- New Hire Swag and IT Welcome boxes
- Structured semi-annual 360° performance reviews
- Transparency is at the core of how we operate and everything we do!
Virtru is currently operating in a remote-first capacity; however, there are plenty of opportunities to connect with the team in person throughout the year, both in and out of the office, whether they be team-specific or company-wide celebrations and events.
Virtru is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Virtru is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Virtru Headquarters Location
Virtru Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Virtru Founded Year
Virtru Total Amount Raised
Virtru Funding RoundsView funding details