Senior Payroll Manager - AirtableView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Payroll Manager
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; Mountain View, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Austin, TX; New York, NY
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Airtable is looking for a high-energy, bright individual with a minimum of 10 years experience in managing payroll to help oversee our global payroll process. This role will be responsible for the review of the salary & hourly payroll processing, commissions calculation and processing, payroll journal entries, reconciliation, analysis and compliance associated with payroll.
An ideal candidate will be someone who is a game-changer and will take charge of the entire payroll process, continually drive process improvement, and be an expert payroll resource for the entire company. If you have the experience and motivation to oversee this business-critical process and the desire to grow quickly within the Airtable organization, we need to talk!
What you'll do
- Effectively lead and manage a team and the end-to-end payroll process
- Accurate, timely, and confidential processing of calculation and settlement of cash compensation.
- Manage recording payroll transactions in the G/L, including accruals. This includes analyzing the G/L balances, explaining any large or unusual fluctuations and timely and accurate clearing of related reconciling items.
- Serve as the main primary Payroll contact for employees as well as various external parties (People team, auditors, system implementations, etc.).
- Effective, accurate and timely filing of all employer payroll related compliance forms, withholding taxes and returns for all applicable jurisdictions. This includes collaborating with Legal and People Ops on the state registration process.
- Oversee recommending and influencing the implementation of process improvements and tools solutions.
- Effective cross-functional collaboration with the People, Legal, Accounting, and FP&A teams on general payroll and equity matters.
- Actively participate with the wider Controllership team in driving the People and Finance Systems roadmap, appropriately prioritizing initiatives and helping to ensure automated solutions are implemented timely and effectively.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.
Who you are
- 10+ years relevant work experience in payroll, including 5+ years of management experience with proven results for building and leading highly effective teams.
- Experience with Payrolls larger than 1,500 employees and both exempt and nonexempt employees, both multi-state and global payroll.
- Experience with tax equalization and a strong understanding of payroll and equity matters with employee mobility cases.
- Power user level experience with multiple payroll, commissions and equity automation tools and ERP systems. Prior Workday experience preferred.
- Experience in interacting with external parties including auditors and other service providers.
- Familiarity with SOX compliance requirements
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $164,000 - $232,265 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. The base salary range for this role is $147,600 - $209,039 for all other work locations including remote. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.
Airtable Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Airtable Company Size
Between 500 - 2,000 employees
Airtable Founded Year
Airtable Total Amount Raised
Airtable Funding RoundsView funding details