Senior Medical Science Liaison, LTC - East - ACADIA PharmaceuticalsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Medical Science Liaison, LTC - East
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Please be aware that Acadia has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
Seeking talent near: Cleveland, OH; Washington D.C.
Responsible for supporting medical and scientific initiatives on behalf of Company selected therapeutic areas. Develops on-going professional relationships with national/regional healthcare LTC practitioners and facilitates the education of these practitioners and their colleagues regarding current and forthcoming therapies developed and commercialized by the Company. Ensures access to current medical and scientific information on Company products and areas of therapeutic interest to targeted key opinion leaders (KOLs), healthcare professionals (HCPs), Managed Market and Long-Term Care (LTC) partners and decision makers consistent with the objectives of Acadia and the Medical Affairs and Development Departments. This position is geographically based.
- Identifies and develops relationships with national and regional medical and scientific LTC leaders, decision makers, medical and nursing directors, and patient advocacy groups, consistent with the strategy and objectives of Acadia’s Medical Affairs and Development Departments.
- Engages LTC national and regional leaders to align interests, discuss research and medical information, and participate in scientific exchange and education about current and emerging therapies
- Provides appropriate research trial support and investigator-initiated research proposal cultivation and facilitation in the LTC setting
- Develops and maintains scientific, clinical and therapeutic expertise for Parkinson’s disease, Parkinson’s disease Psychosis, and psychosis seen in other neurological disorders; therapies used to manage these symptoms; and pimavanserin.
- Identifies disease concepts and compound characteristics that can be useful in product differentiation.
- Provides appropriate scientific, clinical, and educational support for internal and external clients.
- Represents the company at specific continuing educational events, programs, medical meetings and conventions.
- Supports commercial operations by participating in Speaker and Sales Representative Training.
- Cross-functionally collaborates, following all compliance guidelines, with regional field leadership partners including, Managed Market and Health Outcome Liaisons, market development managers (MDMs), regional field managers (RSMs) and Account Managers (AMs).
- Provides field strategic insights.
- Partners with the internal departments to ensure accurate delivery of medical and scientific information.
- Participates as a Therapeutic Lead/expert.
- Supports new hire training and mentoring.
- Leads/participates on project teams as needed.
- Collaborates with medical affairs, clinical and commercial leadership to develop LTC strategies and field initiatives for the company and MSL team
- Works closely with therapeutic MSLs to help coordinate LTC engagement in the region.
- Other duties as assigned.
Advanced degree in biological sciences (MD, PharmD, PhD) is required. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered. Minimum of 5 years continuously responsible experience in the LTC setting with a focus on central nervous system (CNS) area desirable, including at least 3 years MSL or related experience working with LTC facilities and providers.
- Expert scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge applied to the LTC setting
- Knowledge of regulatory, compliance, commercial, and clinical issues affecting the pharmaceutical and managed care industries in the LTC segment.
- Knowledge of LTC customer segments and market dynamics.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation formats.
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication.
- Ability to assert own ideas and persuade others through effectively consolidating, evaluating, and communicating relevant information.
- Demonstrated skill at promoting team collaboration and a commitment to team success.
- Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance and campaigning for it when required.
- High level of facility with relevant computer and software capabilities, including MS Office programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel up to 50% to 75% of time, with a primary residence near a major airport
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in an office environment and independently of remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 75% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at email@example.com or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Headquarters Location
San Diego, CA
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Founded Year
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Total Amount Raised
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity