Senior Manager, Strategy & Operations - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Manager, Strategy & Operations
- Job Location
- New York,NY; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
In a new era of hybrid work models and permanently distributed teams, DoorDash for Work is uniquely positioned to deliver solutions for the modern workforce. The Work team is building a best-in-class platform to power meal solutions for companies of all sizes. Our vision is to use meals as a beachhead into the Enterprise and service a variety of use cases over time.
In 2023, we are accelerating new customer acquisition by adding new lead sources, launching key product features, closely managing the customer lifecycle, and rapidly testing ways to drive adoption across the platform. As DoorDash’s Marketplace expands into new verticals, our team will also experiment with corporate solutions within these categories to identify the next big bet for DoorDash for Work.
About the Role
The Strategy & Ops Senior Manager will own all initiatives related to growth. From marketing to product to pricing, you will help set strategy on what investments we need to achieve our top-line goals. You will set growth goals, manage key cross-functional relationships, and lead the team responsible for executing against the growth strategy. This role is perfect for an analytical, hypothesis-driven leader who is excited to drive hockey-stick growth at a startup within DoorDash.
You will sit on our Strategy & Ops team, manage a team of managers & individual contributors, and report directly to the GM of DoorDash for Work.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop & use a holistic view of the P&L to determine what short- and long-term investments we should make in order to achieve our north star goals
- Develop a comprehensive demand generation strategy spanning performance marketing, content, brand, & customer lifecycle communications.
- Own & evolve our pricing strategy to maximize the revenue growth & customer retention
- Own roadmap building, go-to-market strategy & execution for all product initiatives.
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners in Product, Marketing, Sales & Ops to build customer feedback loops that drive our business strategy
We’re excited about you because…
- You are an analytical & data-driven operator. You love to dive into the numbers and find unique insights that can inform business strategy. You’re able to quickly identify and manage tradeoffs between growth & profitability
- You are a hypothesis-driven thinker that is able to test & experiment your way into a set of first principles. You seek exposure to different types of problems and can develop a point of view no matter the domain
- You are a relationship builder. You are able to effectively communicate, manage expectations & generate buy-in across a wide range of functional stakeholders
- You have 7+ years of experience in strategy, operations, or business development in the technology industry. B2B2C and SaaS experience are a major plus
- You have at 4+ years of managing people & teams, and feel comfortable developing the next generation of DoorDash operators
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.Colorado Pay Range:$164,500—$222,500 USDCalifornia Pay Range:$174,000—$247,000 USDNew York Pay Range:$183,000—$247,000 USD
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details