Senior Manager, Infrastructure & Internal Tools - IonQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Manager, Infrastructure & Internal Tools
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead our infrastructure team. In this role, you’ll manage and scale our infrastructure and platform engineering functions at IonQ, to both help build a world-class quantum systems platform as well as maintain high-throughput software delivery through organizational tooling and support.
Your focus will be ensuring our cloud and on-premises services scale, and that all engineering teams in the business feel the benefits of shared knowledge, tooling, and infrastructure. The ideal candidate is curious about technology and will strive to keep your technical knowledge sharp, while remaining comfortable knowing your greatest impact won’t be as an individual contributor.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers, HPC engineers, and Network Engineers building engineering and corporate infrastructure to support the development of our quantum cloud services and commercial quantum computers
- Maintain monitoring and alerting systems deployed on kubernetes (both self-managed on-premises and in the cloud) and on Linux workstations
- Effectively manage multiple projects, priorities, deadlines, deliverables, and product roadmaps
- Collaborate and communicate with security engineers, software engineers, physicists, external vendors, application engineers, and other software engineering managers
- Manage costs across our on-premises and cloud-based services
- Help define key performance metrics for the team and greater software discipline
- Help us expand to multiple locations across the globe
You’d be a good fit with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- 5+ years of infrastructure engineering or platform engineering experience
- Experience with virtualized and containerized environments
- Experience operating and debugging Unix/Linux OS internals (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN).
- Strong interest in security
- Strongly capable in a scripting language of your choice (shell, Python, etc.)
- Able to identify processes in need of automation quickly, and automate them
- Able (and excited) to mentor junior engineers
You’d be a great fit with:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related degree
- 10+ years of technical leadership and people management experience
- A strong affinity for DevOps and DORA metrics
- A background in scientific computing, including HPC clusters
- Experience with kubernetes, message queues, and service-oriented architectures
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and Google Workspace
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We have also recently announced our new manufacturing and production facility in the Seattle, Washington area. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, Boston and Toronto metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Headquarters Location
College Park, MD
IonQ Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
IonQ Founded Year
IonQ Total Amount Raised
IonQ Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity