Senior Manager, DoorDash New Restaurant Model - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Manager, DoorDash New Restaurant Model
- Job Location
- New York City, NY; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
DoorDash Kitchens is a restaurant format in which restaurants operate to run their delivery-first operations and expand their geographic footprint. Through DoorDash Kitchens, we bring incremental restaurant selections for our customers and a capital-light way for merchants (local / scaled national partners) to grow their business. The team’s mission is to establish a successful operation that is high quality, efficient, and scalable to demonstrate product-market fit of the business model and ultimately to bring new, diverse, and high quality food options to every neighborhood.
About the Role
As a Senior Manager, DoorDash Kitchens, reporting to our General Manager (Director) of DoorDash Kitchens, you will join the Kitchens’ GM team to manage the P&L and be the primary lead of strategic pilots to build exclusive content for DoorDash. You will work with senior leaders and cross-functional partners to drive complex pilots to a success. You will also lead a variety of strategic initiatives to improve kitchen operations by building hypotheses, running experiments, driving testing/learning, and building a playbook.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You are a builder. You want to drive high impact initiatives to design and iterate the business model in the early days of building the Kitchens business.
- You are a great problem solver. You bring a good analytical / critical thinking horsepower and be able to crack problems with data and couple that with day-to-day operational insights.
- You are a fantastic cross-functional leader. You like to collaborate with a wide range of teams (e.g., kitchen staff/leadership, growth team, merchants) to drive cross-functional initiatives, influence various stakeholders, and unlock concrete wins for the team.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related restaurant experience. High-growth startup experience is a plus
- You have Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) proficiency and SQL experience. Familiarity with Analytics tools (ex. Tableau, Data Studio, Mode, etc) and an experience of building financial models is a strong plus.
- You are a strong communicator, both written and verbal
- You are a builder, excited to build something from 0 to 1 and demonstrate strong ownership / leadership.
- You are hungry, don’t hesitate to get your hands dirty to solve problems.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details