Senior Manager, Customer Success Management - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Manager, Customer Success Management
- Job Location
- Austin, San Francisco, Denver
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for an experienced and results-oriented people leader to help grow our Customer Success program in New York City. You will play a key role in the growth and success of MongoDB, our customers and CS team members. Your team will be working directly with our customers, and you’ll help develop an outstanding program in one of its most exciting phases.
You will recruit and provide the coaching, mentoring and development that will enable both our high-touch and tech-touch Customer Success teams to positively impact customers, develop skills, and grow their careers over time. In addition to recruiting, retaining, and developing talent, you will also be responsible for crafting and executing initiatives to increase our customer retention and happiness, identify expansion opportunities, and promote customer adoption of MongoDB.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Austin, Denver, or San Francisco.
We’re looking for someone with
- Passion for and experience in hiring, developing and managing a team of individual contributors; Your team and their success are your top priority
- A proven track record and experience with fast-growing teams, using data to drive initiatives and guide your decision making processes
- A mind for technology; We’ll teach you all about MongoDB and databases, but our users and products are inherently technical; You should be too
- Experience or aptitude for learning enterprise infrastructure technologies; exposure to MongoDB or NoSQL databases is a plus, but not required
- High organization in your workflows; To lead and execute efficiently, you’ll need to be a specialist in prioritization and time management
- You know how to deal with ambiguity and be able to navigate through it with perseverance, a positive mentality and a point of view; We’re still growing and learning and will look to you to help us establish and evolve processes
- A strong desire to embrace partnership and collaboration; You’ll be working with multiple teams on a regular basis (Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, etc.) and helping to build the Customer Success “brand” across our entire organization and within Austin, Denver or San Francisco
- You have experience in working and collaborating with internal and external partners with diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- An adaptive mentality; You love an ever-changing environment where you are constantly improving yourself, the team and your processes
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to a diverse audience both internally and externally;
- A Bachelor's degree combined with 3+ years of management experience, preferably in a customer success or account management capacity
Role Overview & Key Responsibilities
- People leadership: Recruit, mentor and develop individuals on the CSM team
- Execution: Define and lead to a set of analytical metrics to guide the direction of the team; deliver against quarterly and long-term targets
- Build programs: Craft and execute initiatives sought to grow customer retention, expansion, satisfaction, and product adoption
- Executive presence and communication: Build and maintain relationships across MongoDB teams, organizations and offices
The Senior Manager, Customer Success will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- In the first 3 months you’ll have ramped on our key CS processes and program, effectively completed our weeklong training bootcamp and started interviewing for new team members
- In 6 months, have hired your team to at least 90% capacity (as per hiring plan outlined to you). You’re actively mentoring and guiding the team through quarterly and monthly team goals and initiatives
- In 12 months you’ll have accomplished and are 100% on track for your team’s hiring plan, coach your individual contributors on the team efficiently, and are on achieving and exceeding your team goals for retention, expansion and customer satisfaction
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB’s base salary range for this role is posted below. Compensation at the time of offer is unique to each candidate and based on a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, qualifications, and work location. Salary is one part of MongoDB’s total compensation and benefits package. Other benefits for eligible employees may include: equity, participation in the employee stock purchase program, flexible paid time off, 20 weeks fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, 401(k) plan, mental health counseling, access to transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage, and health benefits offerings. Please note, the base salary range listed below and the benefits in this paragraph are only applicable to U.S.-based candidates.MongoDB’s base salary range for this role in the U.S. is:$95,000—$187,000 USD
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 10,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details