Senior Manager, Business Development - JustworksView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Manager, Business Development
- Job Location
- New York, New York
- Job Description
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving, dynamic environment where no two days are alike. You enjoy working with internal and external stakeholders, doing event planning, marketing, sales operations and whatever is necessary to get the job done. You are a natural networker with superior communication skills that can get any point across.
Justworks’ Business Development team is responsible for bringing in revenue through channel partnerships. The Senior Manager will decide on how best to identify and source new partnerships with health insurance brokers, accountants, VC’s and accelerators and other referral partners and manage those relationships to set them up for success. In addition, this person will also be responsible for identifying and implementing new initiatives to evolve our partner program to better attract and delight partners. This is a quota-carrying role within the sales organization that reports into the Director of Business Development.
The role is part 1) sales, in that this person should be able to sell partner on the benefits of partnering with Justworks; 2) relationship management, in that this person will then nurture those partners and source referral business on an ongoing basis; 3) strategy and ops, in that this person should be able to propose and implement new cross-functional initiatives that enhance our partner offering for our channel partners.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Lead a team of regional individual contributors that are focused on partner sales
- Hit quarterly revenue targets
- Develop pipeline, forecast and maintain responsibility of regional team quota
- Identify and grow existing and potential referral partners
- Keep an eye on competitor programs and benchmark accordingly
- Build relationships internally with account executives and other stakeholders in finance, marketing, business operations, etc.
- Travel to other US cities to grow the partner channel in multiple markets
- Contribute in QBRs with top partners and devise new ways to nurture partner relationships
- Identify strategic opportunities to improve our value prop to partners based on industry and market insights
- Recommend and implement plans to improve our partner program features, functionality, and service
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Detail-orientation - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Foundational sales knowledge - the specific set of sales skills (prospecting, cold calling, nurturing, engaging, presenting, negotiating, closing etc) and knowledge (product, markets, trends, business etc) a salesperson possesses to enact the exchange of value between a buyer and the vendor.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving, dynamic environment where no two days are alike
- Experience leading sales teams required
- Minimum of 7 years in a quota-carrying role, either in BD, partnerships or enterprise sales
- Track record of building strong relationships
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM (other systems like Tableau are a plus)
- Superior communication skills
- Past experience selling to partners required
- Strong network within the accountant ecosystem community preferred
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $155,500.00 to $178,825.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Justworks Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Justworks Company Size
Between 500 - 2,000 employees
Justworks Founded Year
Justworks Total Amount Raised
Justworks Funding RoundsView funding details