Senior Licensing Engineer - Kairos PowerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Licensing Engineer
- Job Location
- Alameda, CA, Albuquerque, NM, or Charlotte, NC
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Kairos Power is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power is seeking a dedicated Licensing Engineer. The Licensing Engineer will provide day-to-day licensing support with a primary focus on development of the Kairos Power Hermes test reactor facility operating license application. This position work closely with the engineering, modeling/simulation, safety analysis, civil structural engineering and technology development teams to ensure regulatory requirements are identified and implemented in accordance with Kairos Power overall licensing strategies. Development of the operating license application includes preparation of related regulatory submittals including topical/technical reports, regulatory program documents, and meeting materials for conducting pre-application interactions with the USNRC.
- Develop licensing document content, programs, and supporting licensing related products and activities
- Supports planning, development, and defense of Kairos license applications
- Supports pre-application meeting interactions with the USNRC
- Prepares licensing strategies supporting license application development and execution
- Leads resolution of key strategic licensing issues (e.g., development of regulatory programs such as radiation protection programs, ASME code inspection and testing programs, emergency management, seismic/structural analysis, etc.)
- Coordinates with and supports development of safety analysis documentation
- Coordinates with and supports development of testing programs to meet regulatory requirements
- Supports NRC construction inspection program
- Supports Project Management and Engineering teams to develop execution plans (schedules, milestones, cost models, decision criteria, etc.) that meet Kairos Power’s objectives
- Identification and roll down of top-level regulatory requirements into design requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or Nuclear Engineering, or related field required
- Proven engineering track record with 5+ years experience; experience in nuclear industry and nuclear licensing or related fields is desired
- Experience in system design, with thorough understanding of evaluation, design, and implementation of new technologies
- Demonstrated coordination skills including advisory, relationship, and stakeholder management skills fit to handle a small / start-up environment; demonstrated ability to earn the trust of team members and management
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, open to new ideas, collaborative in nature with full buy-in to the Kairos Power mission
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills; must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- A natural bias for independent action, comfortable delivering on commitments and holding him/herself and team accountable; a respectful individual that embraces challenges with an unwavering focus on driving results and meeting milestones
- Ability to work with highly collaborative team
- Ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- Ability to proactively collect, manage and transfer knowledge
- Ability to seek different and novel ways to create efficiencies when working on problems, challenges and issues
- Prioritizes and ensures safety of oneself and others
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Travel for business needs is required (25 -35%)
- Requires occasional schedule flexibility
- Requires occasional extended hours to support launch and critical project timelines
The salary range for this position is $129,800 to $152,700 for employees working onsite at our Alameda, CA headquarters. The range provided in this job posting represents the typical range or starting rate of candidates hired in California. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, the market data for your work location, and a comparison to other employees already in the role.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, full-time employees (excludes interns) expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities where we do business. Kairos Power is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.
Note: You are applying for a position that is located in a facility that handles information that is subject to export control restrictions by the Department of Energy under 10 CFR Part 810. To work in this facility, you need to be authorized by the Department of Energy to access Part 810-controlled information. Foreign nationals who are citizens of countries that are not on the Department of Energy’s general authorization list (link below) are not permitted to work in our facility unless the Department of Energy issues an export control license to the company to permit that individual to have access to Part 810-controlled information. The following questions are intended to determine the licensing requirements that may apply. https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/10/appendix-A_to_part_810
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Kairos Power Headquarters Location
Kairos Power Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Kairos Power Founded Year
Kairos Power Total Amount Raised
Kairos Power Funding RoundsView funding details