Senior Integration Engineer - AirbnbView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Integration Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb has created a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from 34,000 cities with more than two million listings. We operate globally, mission-critical enterprise systems spanning all time zones. These systems are fundamental in ensuring our staff is able to maintain a high level of productivity. Our Information Technology team is growing and we are looking for candidates who are highly motivated and want to work with a high-performing team.
The Difference You Will Make:
The Integration Engineer will help us build and architect the future of system integrations at Airbnb. You’ll be responsible for end-to-end integration between cloud-based and on-premise systems using MuleSoft and/or appropriate technologies to sustain our continued growth. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to develop creative solutions which can scale to meet rapid organizational growth. Expect to be the system owner for a diverse catalogue of critical systems.
A Typical Day:
- Own a diverse catalogue of system integrations and safeguard their data.
- Drive multiple cross functional initiatives, and production operations support.
- Architect and build integrations and micro services and API endpoints for internal and partner cloud systems.
- Build real time and asynchronous systems integrations.
- Ownership of multiple integrations, RTF and AWS infrastructure.
- Document Design and Runbooks.
- Migrate integrations onto containers using MuleSoft Runtime Fabric.
- Provide guidance to junior engineers and contractors.
- Stakeholder management
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of MuleSoft architecture and full life cycle implementation experience from requirements gathering/analysis to Go-Live and Post production support.
- Expert in using REST and SOAP API’s
- Expert in Architecting and building Mulesoft Integrations and API’s.
- Experience integrating a portfolio of SAAS applications
- Proficient in Java
- Knowledgeable of securing data; understands PGP, SSH, OAuth, HTTPS, SFTP
- Experience with messaging infrastructure, preferably AWS SQS and with Storage like
- AWS S3.
- Experience with Relational databases, and good SQL knowledge.
- Experience using Anypoint Platform – API Manager, Runtime Manager, Exchange etc.
- Experience with Github version control.
- Experience with Continuous Integration; Maven, Jenkins.
- Experience in AWS System Operations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Eager to take responsibility, accountability and ownership of systems and processes
- Experience with data streaming
- MuleSoft RTF experience is a big plus
- MuleSoft developer certification is a big plus
- Integration Experience with: Oracle Finance, Workday, Salesforce, JIRA
- Infrastructure deploy tools such as Chef and Terraform is a big plus
- Linux systems, CentOS/Ubuntu experience preferred
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Airbnb Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Airbnb Company Size
Between 6,132 - 6,132 employees
Airbnb Founded Year
Airbnb Total Amount Raised
Airbnb Funding RoundsView funding details