Senior General Ledger Accountant - VerifoneView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior General Ledger Accountant
- Job Location
- Job Description
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What's exciting about the role
As our Senior General Ledger Accountant, you will be the part of the first core GL team in the Verifone Shared Services Center in Warsaw and will report to the GL Team Leader.
We believe outstanding work comes from incredible people. We’ve established a team with dedication to committed support and unmatched expertise. Whether it’s building significant client experiences or paving the way for the future breakthrough in payment technology, Verifone is a place where growing your career means making a global impact. Let’s shape the future of commerce together.
Your tasks will consist of:
- You will take part in the transition of EMEA market to Warsaw SSC
- You will accurately and timely perform all month end closing activities in line with both US GAAP and internal accounting guidelines
- Perform General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Inventory Accounting and Cost Controlling period end close activities
- You will prepare and post the accrual and corrective journal entries, monthly accounts reconciliations and documentation of all submitted financial data
- Ensure that financial records are kept in accordance with US GAAP / Local GAAP requirements / SOX / Tax Compliance
- Collaborate closely with AP, AR and other intercompany team members
- Prepare process documentation as work instructions
Skills and Experience we desire
- You have earned a university degree with a major in finance, business or accounting.
- You are an authority in your knowledge of accounting processes and controls.
- 1-2 years of experience in finance/accounting structures
- You have strong analytical skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Technology skills including PC and Web-based applications, proficiency in using Oracle system will be an asset
- You will need a willingness to travel during the transition phase
- Fluency in English language
- A role appropriate to your knowledge and experience
- Full-time contract of employment
- Attractive salary and benefit package (Private Health Care, Life Insurance, Lunch Card, Multisport Package)
- Close co-operation with Regional Controllers and F&A Team across regions
- Unique opportunity for personal growth which will include internal and external training
- Challenging work in multinational environment with a dynamic team
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Verifone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Verifone Headquarters Location
San Jose, CA
Verifone Company Size
Between 2,000 - 10,000 employees
Verifone Founded Year