Senior Full Stack Engineer - TradeWingView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Job Location
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who We Are
Tradewing powers member management & engagement for non-profit professional associations. In doing so, we unlock a historically untapped massive revenue opportunity by connecting businesses with highly targeted markets represented by these associations. This enables association staff to work more efficiently and generate more revenue than before.
Our customer base is growing quickly and includes the American Association of Physics Teachers, the American Animal Hospital Association, and the Indiana State Nurses Association. Tradewing is backed by 8VC and other top investors.
Tradewing was founded by two technical co-founders and we are a small team with experience building products at Facebook, Uber, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, and Zynga. We love building a SaaS product that simultaneously propels our customers' businesses forward while solving real pain points for them and their members. Our engineers are fast learners who value collaboration, but who are also comfortable owning critical projects. Our engineering team releases new software at a fast pace and works directly with our design and customer-facing teams to deliver an excellent user experience.
- Frontend: Next.js, Typescript, React, Chakra UI
- API: GraphQL, specifically the Apollo framework
- Backend: Typescript, Node.js, MongoDB, Redis
- Hosting: Heroku and AWS
Qualities We're Looking For
- Backend experience: You are a full stack engineer that leans heavily towards the back end.
- Software design leadership: You can identify and implement good software design patterns where they have been established, and introduce them where they haven't been.
- System design experience: You are capable of working with and translating product design to quality backend technical design
- Self-directed: We are a highly collaborative team that loves congregating at the whiteboard, but it's critical that you are able to dive into a complex system and be productive with limited guidance.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You understand and prioritize the business impact of what you're building, and aim to reduce scope where appropriate.
- Peer mentorship: When you have expertise in a domain, you value sharing your experience with your teammates to help them become more productive. When others have experience in a domain, you are eager to learn from them.
- Easy to disagree with: Smart people disagree all the time. When you disagree with your teammate, you view it as an opportunity to have your mind changed and grow. These conversations are one of the best parts about working on our team.
- 4+ years of software development experience
- A track record of shipping great work while leading other engineers
- Willingness to work in person at our SF office Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- You are proficient with any part of our tech stack
- You love white-boarding
- You are passionate about something outside of work. We have musicians, dancers, chefs, skiers, gamers, and fermentation enthusiasts on our team!
We Will Offer You:
- A generous compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401k, and a flexible PTO policy.
- A vibrant & inclusive in-person team culture. We're moving into our new office in San Francisco in August 2022, with flexibility to work from home as needed.
- The opportunity to shape Tradewing's culture and product direction as an early team member!
TradeWing Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
TradeWing Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
TradeWing Founded Year
TradeWing Total Amount Raised
TradeWing Funding RoundsView funding details