Senior Frontend Engineer, Hubs Team - MozillaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Frontend Engineer, Hubs Team
- Job Location
- Remote Canada
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
- Hiring Ranges:Canada Tier 1 Locations: $104,000 CAD - $153,000 CADCanada Tier 2 Locations: $94,000 CAD - $138,000 CAD
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.The Opportunity
At Mozilla, we believe that the “metaverse” – like the internet itself – should be open and accessible to all. That’s why we’re building Hubs.
Hubs empowers communities to gather in safe, private, decentralized virtual spaces where they are in control. Hubs fosters creativity and connection at a time when online interactions often lack the spontaneity and opportunity to delight, inspire, and build trust between people.
As a senior front-end engineer, you will leverage and hone your skills to build joyful, customizable user interfaces for the Hubs software suite. You will decide and defend the technical direction of 2D pages and components in harmony with our 3D applications.
What You'll Get To Do
- Collaborate with our design team to create the look and feel of Hubs, Spoke, and future products
- Unify the design language and systems in use across our applications
- Translate design specifications into high quality front-end UI code
- Work transparently on open-source software with a distributed team and engaged community
- Write customizable front-end code that allows for community modifications
- An interest in and understanding of web-based UX paradigms, progressive enhancement, responsive design, internationalization, localization, design systems, and accessibility
- Experience using React to implement front-end interfaces
Bonus points for
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with our development stack and tools (webpack, sass, storybook, etc)
- Back-end development experience
- 4+ years of professional web programming experience
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2089
Mozilla Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
Mozilla Company Size
Between 750 - 10,000 employees
Mozilla Founded Year
Mozilla Total Amount Raised
Mozilla Funding RoundsView funding details