Senior Frontend Developer - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Frontend Developer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals from different cultures that help each other do remarkable things every day and across time zones. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Ebay, Etsy, Uber, Netflix, GoFundMe and Spotify.
Next to our payments offering Adyen is also building an entire suite of embedded financial services for platforms such as marketplaces, SaaS platforms, on-demand platforms or crowdfunding platforms. Our Chicago engineering hub is focusing on that!
We give platforms the ability to manage their global payments ecosystem in one place through API integrations or by using our hosted onboarding solution. They can run onboarding, verification and compliance processes for various markets, process payments and trigger faster payouts and bank transfers in all preferred currencies. Additionally they can enable financial services such as issuing, capital and banking.
We are looking for a frontend developer that can help take our merchant onboarding experience through hosted pages to the next level. Additionally you might be involved with building shared frontend components and libraries that will allow us to efficiently operate our suite of embedded financial services.
What you’ll do
- You will be part of one of our many multidisciplinary streams, creating or enhancing the user interface for both internal users and our merchants
- You will be responsible for the full life cycle of your developments. This includes communicating with stakeholders (product owners, product designers, account managers, merchants e.g.), testing, iterating purposefully, and monitoring the impact of your projects.
- You will have the freedom to identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more consistent, robust and scalable.
- There are Frontend developers in many teams and keeping in sync with this group is important for maintaining our scalability. You will collaborate across streams and time zones to make things happen.
Who you are
- You recognize yourself in the Adyen Formula: being open minded, having a proactive attitude, always trying to make it work while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- You actively share your knowledge and enthusiasm to develop yourself and your team.
- You are comfortable with asking and receiving constructive feedback from your colleagues regularly.
- You’re able to independently gather technical requirements and create a plan to execute those requirements.
- You are a strong team player, you like to connect and communicate in person with your team members and other stakeholders to come to the best solution.
- You are interested in growing the team with us and mentor new joiners
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Adyen is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds