Senior Flight Software Engineer - REGENT CraftView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Flight Software Engineer
- Job Location
- North Kingstown, Rhode Island, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
REGENT is building the seaglider; the first electric flying machine that will transport commercial passengers. With a vehicle that never flies higher than a few meters off the water, we unlock the ability to fly twice as far as an electric aircraft, and certification by maritime authorities which will let us fly first passengers within 5 years.
We are actively hiring passionate team members who can help us get our vehicle to market as quickly and safely as possible. We are backed by the world’s best investors: the same investors who are behind SpaceX, Palantir, Boom Supersonic, and more. We have over $6B in provisional orders from some of the industry’s largest operators and are hitting the ground running.
Working at REGENT, you’ll be in a fast-paced environment with exciting new challenges daily and abundant opportunities for growth. Your coworkers are passionate about building zero-emission, high-speed seagliders that will revolutionize coastal transportation. Our small team works collaboratively and across disciplines to safely marry the latest technologies from aviation, aerospace and nautical engineering. REGENT offers competitive benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision plans as well as an employee equity incentive plan.
As a senior flight software engineer, you will develop and implement flight software that will ultimately make our seagliders fly! These vehicles will have novel control and autonomous functionality across multiple operational modes: hull-borne, hydrofoil-borne, and wing-borne. This role includes low level implementation of flight control and flight management software, and building a full mission simulation environment.
You will have a leading role in the system architecture and the development of associated tool sets to assist our engineering team to bring the design to life. You will utilize high-fidelity simulations and live-flight testing to verify and validate the software. As the flight controls will be a safety-critical component of the seaglider, software will be developed using a rigorous design process. You will work closely with various engineering disciplines including but not limited to flight controls engineers, systems engineers, and testing engineers.
You will be involved in full scale prototype development and testing as well as production craft development, testing, and certification.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Passion for aviation and aerospace, strong leadership and organization skills
- Safety and quality focus
- 5+ years of experience in applicable aerospace, aviation or other software requiring rigorous validation.
- BS/MS in computer science or related engineering discipline
- C/C++ software development
- Experience developing real-time applications within an RTOS
- Familiarity with CAN, serial, and ethernet communication
- Experience integrating GPS, INS, and other sensors
- ICD documentation and development
- Aircraft control systems and integrated flight hardware
- Simulation environment development and operation
- DO-178C or DO-254 development processes
Bonus Points For
- Development of safety critical components under ARP4754A and ARP4761
- System quality through rigorous software test, verification and validation (V&V) techniques
- Familiar with MATLAB/Simulink/embedded coder tools
- Familiar with writing test execution and data reduction scripts using MATLAB or similar
- Prototyping and production software development experience
- Flight test or sea trials experience
- FAA pilot’s license or boating/sailing experience
We welcome applicants who may not align perfectly with all required skills and experience as there may be opportunity to grow into the specific responsibilities of the role.
This is a full-time on-site role based at our new purpose-built seaglider development facility in North Kingstown, RI (20 minutes south of Providence, RI and just over an hour south of Boston, MA). We expect in-office presence 3+ days a week. Lunch is provided daily.
What’s in it for you?
REGENT is committed to providing our employees with benefits to support their complete well-being, from excellent health, dental and vision insurance, to an unlimited vacation policy.
Our benefits include*:
- 100% of annual premiums covered for healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- HSA plans available
- Paid parental leave
- Employee equity incentive plan
- Free lunch catered daily **
- Office amenities including snacks, drinks, coffee & espresso bar and an on-site gym **
- Dog-friendly office **
- Relocation packages available
- Flexible hours & generous PTO
- Paid holidays, including company summer and winter breaks
- 401(k) plans
* All benefits available to full-time staff
** Select benefits available to interns
REGENT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
REGENT Craft Headquarters Location
REGENT Craft Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
REGENT Craft Founded Year
REGENT Craft Total Amount Raised
REGENT Craft Funding RoundsView funding details