Senior Executive Assistant - ManufacturedView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Executive Assistant
- Job Location
- Los Angeles
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Senior Executive Assistant
Salary: $80,000 - $140,000 + equity + benefits
Location: Remote. Ideally you are based in Los Angeles. Some travel may be required.
Manufactured is a venture backed inventory platform. We are building the first inventory exchange for SMBs creating, making, and selling physical products around the world. We serve customers doing $1M - $100M in annual revenues in Fashion, Accessories, Healthcare, Construction Materials, CPG, Food, Electronics, Home Goods, Industrials, and Commodities.
With over 500+ vendors across 25 countries (and growing), we make the inventory cycle a breeze by handling everything from vendor discovery and negotiation to shipping, warehouse coordination, quality control, PO advances, through to collections. With over $120 million in volume powered by Manufactured since we launched in 2019, we deliver a compelling inventory partnership for fast growing SMBs.
We are a post-Product Market Fit, Series A startup that is growing 600% Year on Year. There is tremendous opportunity in our 35 person team to take ownership, make an impact, and build an extremely rewarding, accomplished career.
We don’t care about:
- Where you went to college
- What you studied
- If you’ve worked at blue chip companies
We do care about:
- What you’ve done
- What you can do
- How you’ll do it
This looks like:
- Making success a priority: We value ownership, initiative, and tenacity
- Having a point of view: We hire smart people and want to hear opinions. We’re low ego, and we welcome feedback and new ideas informed by data and intuition
- Being a good person and teammate: We all contribute to a positive, inclusive workplace. Direct communication, kindness, and integrity are non-negotiables
You’ll be trusted and challenged to do your best work in a fast moving, high performing environment. If this sounds like you, please read on!
- You’re a career Executive Assistant and Internal Ops pro, with at least 7 years experience in an Internal Operations or EA role for a fast growing, early stage startup
- You know what excellence looks like and have a track record of setting a standard of excellence for internal operations in fast growing tech startups
- You have experience with HR/People Operations and are confident navigating common HR matters e.g. benefits renewals, immigration
- You don’t wait for direction. You proactively spot problems and opportunities. You surface and solve challenges before they become a concern
- You’ve designed and executed effective internal processes in the past. You’re efficient and take the critical path: the shortest risk mitigated route to the best possible outcome
- You have a strong attention to detail and are highly organized
- You’re an excellent collaborator and build trusting, productive partnerships across the organization. You’ve been the go-to person when someone has a question
- Some experience as a paralegal or in the legal industry is nice to have, but not required
- Notary public is nice to have, but not required
Startups can be chaotic. You’ll mitigate that. You’ll bring order to our internal operations, and provide leverage to our leadership team. The Internal Ops Manager is a trusted chao-s minimizer that is empowered to design and execute on new processes and programs to support our internal operations as we scale.
In this role you will:
- Be the connective tissue at Manufactured. You’ll ensure that internal programs operate seamlessly, anticipate needs, and ensure we’re ready for the next phase of growth
- Build a rhythm of the business and a reliable internal calendar
- Handle day-to-day HR: For example, you’ll verify I9s, handle immigration cases, answer employee questions, and handle our annual benefits renewals
- Support compliance and legal matters: You’ll partner with our General Counsel to ensure that all of our important documentation is properly managed
- Manage vendors for internal needs. E.g. internal communications platforms, PEO management, etc
- Plan and execute on employee recognition, events, and offsites
- Manage our office spaces and leases
- You’ll constantly look for ways to improve our processes. You’ll incorporate feedback from our employees, and stay up to date with new technologies and approaches
- You’ll build your hat collection. You'll be comfortable taking on a variety of responsibilities to provide leverage to our leadership team. You’ll take on work that doesn’t always neatly fit into one job description
Working at Manufactured:
We’re a remote first company, based in Los Angeles. Our team is around thirty people strong, and growing quickly.
Manufactured is a small, fast growing startup. Which means we deal with ambiguity and require a sense of ownership from all our team members. This is reflected in our core values.
Our core values are:
Urgency: Always act like an owner, seek help in case of delays beyond 48 hours, move quickly when you have enough information (usually 70-75%), know when to dive in if there’s a crisis, and hold true to the best possible timelines without compromising on quality, value or process.
Authenticity: Be Authentic, be real, be respectful both, in front of and behind a person’s back. If you are frustrated, you’re frustrated. If you’re stuck, you’re stuck. If you’re worried, you’re worried. Let's support each other in resolving these issues. Be upfront and respectful in your conversation. We are a multi cultural, distributed, global team. Respectful authenticity in communication is critical.
Resourcefulness: There are resources available to you. Both inside and outside the organization. You are capable of finding information online, in your network, with your team members and explore every type of interaction you can to learn more about your problem, find innovative answers and see #1 and #2 for the way forward. Finding ways out of problems with resources you bring, or your team brings are the way.
Effectiveness: Did it work? Did it solve the problem? Was it a short term hack? or a long term process solution that benefits everyone? Was it something we can use to grow / move forward or was it a defensive solution. Did we meet our stakeholders’ expectations, did we exceed them? Did our stakeholders all win? Are you using your time correctly? Are you helping your team members use their time well? Are you contributing to the growth of the company?
Critical path thinking: "What is the shortest risk-mitigated route to the Best Potential Outcome?"
Our CEO and Founder, Pranay Srinivasan, writes often on LinkedIn about our culture and operating principles. We recommend these articles in particular:
Our Core Values
Our operating framework: OBAS
MFD Legal CCPA Notice to Job Applicants
In compliance with the California Privacy Protection Act (“CCPA”), MFD collects the following categories of your personal information for the following uses:
Categories of Personal Information collected:
If you are a “Job applicant:”
Name, Email, and other contact information such as phone, physical address, professional certifications, and prior employment.
Purpose of Collecting the Personal Information:
If you are a “Job applicant:”
We collect your personal information in order to consider your application to be hired by us.
Manufactured Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Manufactured Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Manufactured Founded Year
Manufactured Total Amount Raised
Manufactured Funding RoundsView funding details