Senior Enterprise Data Steward - Pax8View Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Enterprise Data Steward
- Job Location
- Global HQ - United States
- Job Description
- Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving thousands of partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best.We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
We are seeking a seasoned Enterprise Data Steward to join our Data Management Office. Reporting to the Sr Director of Data Management, the Senior Enterprise Data Steward is responsible for leading the strategy, governance, and oversight of our organization's data assets across multiple domains to deliver data that is “fit for use”. This role requires partnering with senior-level business leaders to align business and data domain strategies and working with cross-functional operational teams to ensure data integrity, compliance, and alignment with business objectives. As the first Enterprise Data Steward at Pax8, the incumbent will help develop and implement the Data Domain stewardship capability and will be responsible for data management deliverables. The data steward role is a tangible function of the firm's data governance framework – ensuring our data is cared for through its complete lifecycle, as an enterprise asset.
- Develop a thorough understanding business, data and technology ecosystem for the assigned data domain(s) and effectively explain the current state to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Develop the strategy for assigned data domains that will ensure data is created, managed, and effectively utilized as a trusted enterprise asset, leading to understood, controlled and reliable data.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key business stakeholders and executives to promote data governance alignment with overall business strategy and objectives.
- Ensure the assigned data domains are defined, classified, and documented in business glossaries and data catalogs according to standards and best practices.
- Elicit business rules and data quality requirements and coordinate the data quality implementation and issue remediation.
- Direct and facilitate data domain working communities of cross functional teams to align and prioritize the Data Domain “book of work”, negotiate and coordinate implementation with operational and deliver teams.
- Ensure the effectiveness of data management practices by continuously assessing performance against goals and KPIs and recommending strategic improvements.
- Provide executive-level reporting on data domain status and quality, including insights, trends, and recommendations to support data-driven decision-making.
- Perform data management tasks including developing and documenting data steward procedures, business glossaries, data catalogs, data profiling, data quality rules, scorecards and dashboards.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Seven-ten (7-10) years of experience in data management, data governance, or data stewardship roles, with proven leadership experience in complex organizational environments.
- Demonstrate thought leader in data governance frameworks, data quality concepts, and industry standards.
- Lead through influence at all levels of the organization and delve into detailed analysis and problem solving.
- Experienced in data lineage analysis, ensuring transparency and traceability of data throughout its lifecycle.
- Proficient in SQL and have foundational understanding of database technologies; ability to analyze and profile data.
- Excellent executive-level communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of global data privacy regulations and their strategic impact on business.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act as a change agent within the organization.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in data management practices, staying ahead of industry trends and emerging best practices.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Advanced certifications in data governance, data management, or related fields (e.g., Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP).
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $105,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.
Pax8 Headquarters Location
Greenwood Village, CO
Pax8 Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
Pax8 Founded Year
Pax8 Total Amount Raised
Pax8 Funding RoundsView funding details