Senior Engineering Manager - OktaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Engineering Manager
- Job Location
- Job Description
Okta’s vision is to accelerate a world where everyone can safely use any technology. We bring simple and secure access to people and organizations everywhere. As a neutral and independent company, Okta plays a critical role in stewarding the future of identity and access management across the Internet for consumers, employees, and businesses.
We are seeking a Senior Engineering Manager with a strong technical background and excellent communication skills to join the Workforce Products team. This team builds modern authentication experiences, enabling our customers to provide their applications and services in a frictionless and secure way. We think horizontally across UIs and APIs; account sign up, sign in, and recovery; and far beyond the world of usernames and passwords into the latest multi-factor standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and mentor a globally distributed and talented group of diverse employees
- Collaborate with Product, Design, QA, Documentation, Customer Support, Program Management, TechOps, and other scrum teams.
- Engage in technical design and discussions and also help drive technical architecture
- Ensure the happiness and productivity of the team’s software engineers
- Provide guidance and influence across Application Engineering
- Communicate the vision of our product to external entities
- Help mitigate risk (technical, product, personnel)
- Utilize professional acumen to improve Okta’s technology, product, and Engineering
- Participate in relevant Engineering workgroups and on-call rotations
- Foster, enable and promote innovation
- Define team metrics and meet productivity goals of the organization
- 10+ years of Software Developer and/or Management Experience, ideally on Enterprise or SaaS commercial products.
- Experience leading teams of 10+ highly skilled engineers and managers
- Experience working with product managers and designers to align on objectives, priorities, trade-offs and risk.
- Well-versed in web-based architectures & software engineering principles and practices
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for technical discussions.
- Ability to work effectively with distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines, build and test clusters.
- Experience working in enterprise software or SaaS
- Experience with Identity, Access Management, Authentication, or Security
- Experience managing managers and teams of 20+
- Experience working in an agile environment with matrixed teams
- Shipped a large-scale project with cross team dependencies
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field or equivalent life experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Okta Company Size
Between 5,000 - 20,000 employees
Okta Founded Year
Okta Total Amount Raised
Okta Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity