Senior Engineer (Firmware) - HudlView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Engineer (Firmware)
- Job Location
- Almeria or Spain - Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re seeking a Senior Engineer to join us and work on one of Hudl’s most innovative new products: Wimu (https://wimu.es/), a wearable device that contains a number of sensors (accelerometers, gyroscopes) and is used by athletes in-game. This device is designed and built by the team.
The device used to have an x86 processor, which we’re moving to ARM, and a large part of the initial project work is porting an existing code base to an ARM architecture whilst providing some enhancements to the existing software and drivers. This is the start of many exciting iterations we have in mind for the device.
- Experienced in complex systems. You have deep experience in C++/C and building, supporting, and extending production software.
- A mentor/teacher. You are passionate about sharing your expertise and educating others on development best practices and trade offs.
- Passionate. You have a passion translating real-world problems into elegant code solutions, take pride in your side projects, or the impact your work is having.
- Pragmatic. Understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and getting work done.
- Team-oriented. Understand that problem solving is a team effort and will help others in our Engineering Team learn and develop their skills.
- User-focused. Excited to have your work used by real people to solve real problems.
- Willing to learn. You have solid engineering skills but are always willing to dive into specific areas to gain the expertise needed to be successful in your role.
- Lead. You’ll set an example for others in planning, designing and delivering complex projects.
- Own the problem. You'll work collaboratively in an autonomous squad that has the freedom and expertise to deliver the best solution.
- Deliver great user value. You'll work on one of Hudl’s most innovative products that's changing the way coaches prepare for and stay ahead of the competition.
- Be an involved team member. You'll participate in Scrum ceremonies and proactively and thoughtfully create tickets for the team’s backlog.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.
We also know imposter syndrome is real and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply—we’d love to hear from you.
Hudl Headquarters Location
Hudl Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Hudl Founded Year
Hudl Total Amount Raised
Hudl Funding RoundsView funding details