Senior Electrical Engineer - PetraView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Petra's mission is to save money, property, and lives by moving utilities underground. The company is developing technology to efficiently and safely bore through any geology. Petra's innovative technology is faster and more efficient in hard rock than conventional tunneling methods, making small-diameter infrastructure economically viable.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be a part of the product development group. The primary function of this role is to design, document, build, and test the electronics, harnessing and electrical systems of our tunneling robot, working with Robotics, Mechanical, Software and Test engineers. Support for system test setups and field deployment is also included.
You are a self-starter and can tackle challenges in a fast paced, high aptitude, technical working environment. You are enthusiastic about showing your work and collaborating with fellow team members. You are able to adapt and develop quick solutions when one is not readily available. You feel a deep sense of ownership for the proper functioning of all of your designs in harsh, real-world environments. You understand the amount of documentation required to create robust systems which can be repeatedly and reliably built and troubleshooted by our team of technicians. You embody a culture of safety and grow that culture within the organization.
- Own the design and execution of all electrical systems.
- Design custom PCBs, harnesses and electrical system for real-time control of tunneling robot.
- Communicate relevant electrical requirements with the software, robotics and mechanical. engineers, serving as the interface between the electronics hardware and software layer.
- Create and Maintain documentation of electrical and electronics systems.
- Work with test engineering to bring up and verify the complete system.
- If necessary, support your product in field testing.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience as an electrical engineer shipping highly reliable products.
- Fundamental understanding of analog and digital components, signals, noise, grounding, and filtering
- Experience with microcontrollers, microprocessors, or mixed-signal designs.
- Hands-on experience with schematic entry and PCB layout (familiarity with Altium Designer tools is a plus).
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with digital signal processing
- Switching Mode Power Supply/Buck-boost converter design experience
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving EMI/EMC issues.
- System design interfacing to a wide array of electro-mechanical subsystems and debugging experience.
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Experience with PCB layout of sensitive analog and RF designs.
- Experience designing, developing, and certifying safety rated hardware systems is desirable.
- Experience with designing and shipping reliable hardware systems in harsh environments (e.g., extreme temperature, vibration, static, debris, etc).
- Good understanding of communication protocols (I2C, SPI, CAN, Ethernet, etc).
- Competitive salary and equity.
- 401K plan.
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance.
- Healthy lunch and snacks provided.
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement.
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO.
- Relocation costs negotiable.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Petra is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Petra is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Petra Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Petra Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Petra Founded Year
Petra Total Amount Raised
Petra Funding RoundsView funding details