Senior Director, Supply Chain - HungryrootView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Director, Supply Chain
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who We Are
Hungryroot is your personal grocer, powered by AI and the belief that food deeply impacts your daily life. You tell us a little about yourself, and we use proprietary predictive technology to deliver groceries and recipes that best suit your individual needs and goals. We also assist with meal planning and nutritional support, helping you save time, save money, shop sustainably, and eat what makes you feel your best.
We are a distributed team built on top talent from over 10 states across the U.S. While we have an office in NYC, we support employees creating “offices” wherever they are. We believe in fostering team connection and collaboration across all of our “offices” - so don’t expect to be online at 6 am to make a meeting if you’re on the West coast. Expect to attend regular team building events, and to be able to work from the beach every once in a while. Expect to be treated like an owner who cares about our common goal, not someone who has to clock in and out of work.
Hungryroot is more than doubling in revenue year-over-year, profitable, and rapidly growing - this is why we need you!
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Director to drive end-to-end supply chain efficiency, maximize margins and ensure a best-in-class customer experience. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of demand planning, inventory management, food products purchasing, and in-stock performance. In addition to leading a team of buyer-planners, this role will be responsible for inventory management across our 3 fulfillment centers and will provide oversight and strategic direction to the company’s Netsuite ERP system roadmap. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, self-starting, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has a strong analytical aptitude with the ability to extract, interpret and clearly communicate findings and recommendations. Our product demand is heavily influenced by our AI powered algorithm that fills customer boxes based on their preferences; therefore, this candidate will need to be comfortable diving deep with various parts of the organization to solve complex challenges and jointly develop a longer term roadmap for system integration between our homegrown algorithm/back end systems and our ERP/WMS systems.
You will be joining an Operations team responsible for our sourcing, supply chain, culinary, fulfillment and logistics functions. We all fit within Hungryroot’s overall team of 120 motivated, smart and kind teammates.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Lead, manage, and scale the planning/buying team to ensure high in-stock levels, minimize food spoilage and support accelerated business growth
- Drive inventory and receipt accuracy at our three fulfillment centers
- Collaborate with broader ops/sourcing team on new product launches and merchandising plans
- Drive the continuous improvement of NetSuite ERP and all related planning systems/tools
- Collaborate with technology partners and analytics teams to execute continuous improvement initiatives and develop long-term roadmap for full systems integration
- Develop forecasts and performance scorecards for vendors
- Manage procurement activities, track weekly purchase orders and work closely with vendors to support on-time delivery while optimizing cost and inventory
- Develop a core understanding of the business cost drivers and their impact on operations, customers and competitors
- Lead your team to drive day to day vendor execution (e.g. on-time delivery, order accuracy)
- Establish, evaluate, and report on KPIs while benchmarking against industry standards
Why We Need You
- 8-10 years supply chain experience - perishable product / food experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required with focus on supply chain, operations, or related area
- Operational and/or planning team leadership experience
- Expertise in Excel and Google Sheets; comfortable learning new systems
- Experience with ERP and MRP systems such as NetSuite
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills with ability to synthesize data to facilitate decision making and identify process improvement opportunities
- Detail oriented and able to meet timelines
- Willingness to dive in with a “no-task-is-too-small attitude”
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work both independently and in team settings
- A clear communicator with solid written and oral communications
- A motivated, positive, proactive and transparent attitude
- Passion for healthy living, brightening people’s days and Hungryroot’s mission
Perks & Benefits
- Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere, you decide!
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Hungryroot Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Hungryroot Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Hungryroot Founded Year
Hungryroot Total Amount Raised
Hungryroot Funding RoundsView funding details