Senior Director Marketing Technology - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Director Marketing Technology
- Job Location
- New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
The Growth Marketing Team is responsible for enabling automation across the growth marketing channels (Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Online video, Affiliate and Email, Push, and SMS and Web). The team is responsible for improving the effectiveness of DoorDash’s Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) and Promotional investments by improving marketing efficiency and reinvestment to drive Growth.
About the Role
You’ll lead a centralized marketing tech team (including Adtech, CRM tech and operations, Front-end Engineers) and work with cross functional partners on Product, Engineering, Data Science, Analytics and BI in order to build scalable platforms to optimize and deploy our marketing spend to acquire new customers,retain existing customers and grow new business lines.
You will lead the overall strategy for Marketing Technology at DoorDash and help deploy millions of dollars of spend. You will be responsible for developing and executing a roadmap that improves our attribution and measurement, facilitates incrementality testing, and adapts to changes in the broader marketing landscape (e.g. CCPA, iOS 14, Firebase changes). You will be at the helm of developing and deploying data-driven marketing product solutions and needed infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and scalability. You will be responsible for communicating with the Executive Team and senior stakeholders on the marketing technology vision, strategy and working with multiple stakeholders to get buy-in on that vision.
You will report to the Vice President of Growth Marketing.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead Marketing Technology roadmap at DoorDash and work across Marketing, Data Science, Analytics, Product, Engineering and BI teams to bring that to life
- Optimize and deploy multi-million dollar monthly digital budgets across all performance marketing channels
- Develop the platform that enables measurement & attribution, audience segmentation and targeting, bidding automation, conversion optimization, and publisher integrations / data passback.
- Oversee MarTech Operations, inclusive of campaign QA and deployment through owned channels as well as designing operating structures to enable speed and agility while also ensuring that campaign quality meets our high bar
- Partner with Product/Engineering/Data Science teams to build the roadmap for marketing platform evolution and expansion
- Inspire the team to continuously evolve into automating our marketing spend and reducing manual tasks
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a passion for the intersection of Marketing and Technology. You stay up to date on the industry, platforms and changes as they roll out.
- You possess the ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for senior executives
- You demonstrated success defining and delivering against product roadmaps and establishing strong partnership with product counterparts
- Have a deep familiarity with CPA, CPC, CPM, LTV, ROAS, and ROI
- You are able to present and communicate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- You hold a deep understanding of paid and owned marketing channels
- You have an outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems
- You are able to work across organizational boundaries and matrixed reporting structures
- You have an ability to fully understand business goals and metrics, turn data into insight, and translate requirements into actionable analysis
- You are experienced with i18n (Internationalization) and l10n (Localization), as well as the nuances of CCPA and GDPR
- You demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, supported by excellent written and oral communication, and a bias towards documentation and replicable, long-term solutions
- You hold a BA/BS degree and 10+ years of related performance marketing and/or consulting experience with 7+ years experience managing direct reports
- You possess proficiency in SQL
- You have experience leading and mentoring a front-end engineering team (React and Next.js) that builds infrastructure and platform tools that enable highly-scalable, self-serve tools for Marketers
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Funding Rounds