Senior Director, Marketing (GTM) - BlackSkyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Director, Marketing (GTM)
- Job Location
- Herndon, VA; Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; Remote
- Job Description
Senior Director, Marketing (GTM)
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
BlackSky is seeking a highly experienced and dynamic marketing leader to join our team as a Senior Director of Marketing.. In this role, you will lead marketing strategies, with a strong focus on geospatial intelligence, software, and AI. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Marketing, this position will partner across the business to build and lead GTM campaigns and create compelling content that build brand and product awareness that drive growth within the business. You will drive standards and best practices at scale to elevate the BlackSky brand and bring new products to market.
While the locations listed in the job posting are ideal, we would love candidates near either our Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA offices. We may also consider remote candidates in certain states.
- Develop and execute comprehensive go-to-market marketing strategies to drive business growth and market penetration.
- Lead the development and implementation of brand strategies to enhance brand awareness, understanding, perception, and loyalty.
- Collaborate closely with sales operations, capture and product teams to align marketing strategies with business objectives and develop effective go-to-market tactics and collateral.
- Utilize your deep understanding of the geospatial intelligence specifically in government, defense and intelligence industries to position our differentiated capabilities effectively in the market.
- Drive customer/prospect focused marketing initiatives by identifying and communicating key customer benefits and value propositions.
- Lead content strategy and execution for blogs, social media, advertising, paid media and thought leadership.
- Responsible for creating sales enablement collateral including data sheets, pitch decks, web content, etc.
- Create, manage, and track marketing KPI’s tied to brand goals and pipeline.
- Manage marketing budget to ensure maximum impact aligned with business goals.
- Drive brand awareness and capabilities through events, sponsorships and thought leadership.
- Stay updated on industry trends and market dynamics to inform strategic decision-making and identify new business opportunities.
- Provide strategic input and manage events team ensuring messaging and campaigns are aligned for each experience.
- Lead a team of marketing professionals across multiple disciplines including product, revenue and social media, providing guidance, mentorship, and support to ensure the successful execution of marketing programs.
- Expert in video scripting for compelling solution-oriented story telling.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in geospatial intelligence, space, software, and AI marketing, with a focus on government, defense, and intelligence sectors.
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful go-to-market marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Strong understanding of the geospatial intelligence of market trends, competitors, and customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams, including sales operations, capture, and product, to drive business growth.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team to achieve goals and deliver high-quality work.
- Strong communication, editing and writing skills, proficient in AP style.
- Experience leading small nimble team and building cross functional advocacy.
- Experience in brand, product, space, and geospatial marketing.
- Solid knowledge of photography and video production.
- Experience with UX/UI and web development.
- Experience managing agency partners and surge contractor support.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses!
- 15 days of PTO, 11 Company holidays, four Floating Holidays (pro-rated based on hire date), one day of paid volunteerism leave per year, parental leave and more
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Employer matching donations
- Professional development
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
The anticipated salary range for candidates in Seattle, WA is $180,000-195,000 per year. The final compensation package offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on specific background and education. BlackSky is a multi-state employer, and this pay scale may not reflect salary ranges in other states or locations outside of Seattle, WA.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements:
BlackSky Headquarters Location
BlackSky Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
BlackSky Founded Year
BlackSky Total Amount Raised
BlackSky Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity