Senior Director, Enterprise Strategy and Operations - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Director, Enterprise Strategy and Operations
- Job Location
- Miami, FL; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; New York, NY
- Job Description
About the Team
DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and we are hiring a Senior Director of Enterprise S&O to play a critical role in shaping our future across all verticals. As a leader on the Enterprise team, you will work across the sales, account management, and enablement arms of the team to build scalable solutions that help accelerate growth and set the strategy for our Enterprise business while simultaneously ensuring that centralized initiatives and new product builds are best-in-class and fit the needs of Enterprise merchants. This is a critical piece of DoorDash’s growth and success in every market in which we operate.
About the Role
As Senior Director of Enterprise S&O, you will lead our strategic and operating engine responsible for supporting all Enterprise sales and account management teams. Your role with partner cross-functionally with finance, deal teams, marketing, legal, product, and our sales leadership team to identify revenue growth opportunities, craft and manage to aggregate performance metrics, analyze the trade-offs and execute solutions across the Enterprise organization.
The position will require thorough prioritization and data-driven decision-making to ensure the team is working towards the right goals and has the tools, processes, and strategy required to achieve them. In this role, you’ll have the rare opportunity to define and lead some of the most impactful initiatives we undertake as a company.
You are a highly effective operator and business professional, capable of engaging in business-level and P&L-focused conversations with C-level executives at publicly traded companies. You are an analytical thinker who enjoys diving into financial and operational data and understanding the impact of these trends on the business. You can lead a complex, multi-party cross-functional process to successful completion and execution in a highly consultative manner.
Finally, you enjoy building businesses and new product lines; you like to experiment with new tech and methods to further develop our internal processes in ways that we may not have explored before.
This role reports to the head of Enterprise partnerships.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Scale across rapidly growing business lines and geographies
- Own, develop, and refine the processes and strategy for DoorDash’s largest global partners
- Build and manage a team of high performers as well as cross-functional projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations, and finance teams to solve challenging business problems at scale
- Be responsible for developing the strategy and execution for this business line
- Engage with DoorDash’s leadership team and internal stakeholders to get buy-in on your proposed strategies
- Partner by working across internal teams (including product, finance, legal, marketing, account management, and analytics) to optimize go-to-market strategies, execute and analyze results to inform the next steps
- Drive strategic decision-making in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Analyze the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives and their impact on growth, revenue, and business objectives
- Optimize forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies to continuously improve, automate and scale
- Team Leadership - You have hired and grown a large team
- Impact Driven -- You have a natural desire to make a huge impact on the business
- Entrepreneurial – You have a bias toward action, and an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You are a self-motivated, rapid learner always looking for ways to innovate and improve and want to share the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty – You are similarly comfortable setting big picture strategy as you are rolling up your sleeves
- Analytical -- You are a data-driven, analytical thinker that takes a process-oriented approach to solve problems and prioritization
- Relationship-builder – You are able to understand the perspective and goals of multiple stakeholders at all levels across a variety of job functions and can triangulate to find a resolution
- Problem solver – You are a results-oriented thinker, able to use ‘first principles’ to solve challenging business problems at their root level, and can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Multi-Disciplinary -- You are happy juggling many priorities concurrently
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 20+ years of strategy & operations experience
- You have experience with C-level clients
- You have led highly cross-functional, growth-oriented teams
- You are a data-drive thinker, comfortable leveraging data to inform business decisions
- You have analytical and quantitative skills, including comfort directing deal modeling
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have an ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details