Senior Director, Corporate Counsel - OneTrustView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Director, Corporate Counsel
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we exist to unlock every company's potential to thrive by doing what's good for people and planet. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to privacy, GRC, ethics, and ESG, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for Trust Intelligence.
Reporting directly to the Company's Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel you will be responsible for all legal matters related to compliance with federal and state securities laws and the applicable listing rules. Strong technical and advisory skills, excellent business judgment, people and project management skills, the ability to effectively team with business groups throughout OneTrust will be among the more important keys to your success. The issues you will have to address will require real-time analysis and practical advice. You must be able to work under significant pressure and maintain a sense of patience, camaraderie, and respect. You will work closely with the members of OneTrust's finance and legal teams worldwide.
- Play a key role in IPO readiness and shepherding the company through its IPO
- Advise on and own policies and procedures, relating to securities law compliance and disclosure matters
- Advise and support corporate governance policies and matters, including review/preparing board and committee agendas and materials, ensuring compliance with policies and charter documents, and drafting minutes
- Partner with the IR team on investor engagement activities and annual meeting
- Review external communications, including press releases, investor presentations and other announcements and significant internal communications
- Advise partner team on external governance trends and SEC development in evolving regulatory landscape
- Lead and support other corporate-related projects
- Work closely with internal audit, SOX, security and compliance and advise on public company compliance matters
- Work with People team advising on executive compensation practices, including senior management and executive agreements, stock plan administration, incentive bonus plans and programs, severance plans and guidelines and any related public company disclosure considerations
- Drafts agreements and documentation for governance, internal policies and executive compensation matters
- Manages governance requirements for domestic and international corporate subsidiaries
- Manages professional staff comprised of attorneys and non-attorneys
- Trusted to assist in representing the company professionally, thoughtfully, and with the highest standards of integrity
- Manages insider trading program and prepares and files Section 16 reports (i.e., reporting of Forms 3, 4 and 5)
- Ensures the accurate and timely filing of annual, quarterly and current reports filed with the SEC and is primarily responsible for preparing those filings, working closely with Corporate Accounting
- Coordinates with stock transfer agent, and keeps current on the filing and listing requirements for equity compensation programs, stock splits, stock transactions
- 10+ years of general corporate legal experience gained at both law firms and in-house, with subject matter expertise in corporate securities, governance, finance, M&A.
- Must possess excellent strategic, organizational, and presentation skills as well as business acumen and the ability to work collaboratively with members of the legal team and other cross-functional teams.
- Significant experience preparing and reviewing SEC filings, including periodic and current reports, Section 16 filings and proxy statements.
- Ability to provide real-time advice on securities law issues, including review of earnings, press releases, scripts and investor presentations, as well advising on Reg FD compliance and insider trading policy matters.
- Public company and subsidiary board governance, including preparation and maintenance of board agendas, calendars, minutes, consents, charters and policies, and coordination of board meetings and materials
- Experience with investor relations, proxy advisory firms and the annual meeting process.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Prior in-house legal management experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the executive leadership team.
- Well-rounded corporate legal expertise in multiple areas, including M&A and strategic investments.
- Experience in a fast-paced company, providing accurate guidance and pragmatic solutions
- Excellent collaboration skills w ability to build relations across teams
- Experience working with board, People teams, IR and finance teams
- Understand accounting and corporate finance
- Entity management systems (CSC, Diligent Entities, GEMS or similar)
- Electronic board portals (Boardvantage, Diligent or similar)
- Electronic document filing and maintenance
- Development and implementation of corporate procedures and policies
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Go green with commuter program discounts and in-office perks.
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the company that built the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career.
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.Salary Range$224,000—$340,000 USD
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
OneTrust Headquarters Location
OneTrust Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
OneTrust Founded Year
OneTrust Total Amount Raised
OneTrust Funding RoundsView funding details