Senior Director, Corporate Communications and Narrative - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Director, Corporate Communications and Narrative
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Washington, D.C.
- Job Description
About the Team
The Communications team tells the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies by connecting customers to the best of their communities. The team is a collaborative group with important partners, touching every corner of the business. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and out-of-the-box thinking, coupled with a true team spirit and the ability to juggle projects and priorities, are what makes this group so effective. This role will require expertise in public company communications, media relations, narrative development, and issues management.
About the Role
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional senior communicator to lead Corporate Communications and Narrative. This person will be responsible for driving an integrated strategy for business, financial, reputational, company, and executive communications. This leader will guide, grow and inspire a high-impact team that tells the story of DoorDash’s long-term vision, operational excellence, strategic differentiators, and value proposition to our stakeholders - and do so in a way that continues to enhance our reputation as a force for good in the communities where we operate.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Oversee the Corporate Communications function, leading a team that is responsible for shaping DoorDash’s corporate and business narrative and proactively telling that story via key moments and company announcements.
- Manage the Executive Communications team, overseeing the development and execution of innovative, authentic communications programs for our most senior leaders.
- Oversee external company communications initiatives that articulate DoorDash's corporate and employer brand, such as the release of DoorDash's ESG and DEI reports, executive hires, and our return to office policy.
- Lead the cross-functional workstream to highlight DoorDash’s company narrative and tailor that overarching narrative to specific audiences in ways that are relevant and resonant.
- Develop communications campaigns that tell the story of DoorDash’s positive impact on behalf of our stakeholders and serve to protect and enhance corporate reputation. Manage DoorDash's reputation measurement work and drive the dissemination and integration of insights into our business and messaging.
- Coordinate with other senior leaders across Communications, Policy and Marketing to maximize the impact of DoorDash’s external storytelling and ensure message alignment.
- Work closely with and provide counsel to key cross-functional stakeholders, particularly at the executive level and within our Finance, Legal, Corporate Development, and People teams.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 15+ years experience building and executing high-profile corporate, financial and executive communications campaigns that ladder up to business priorities - and 5+ years experience of managing high-performing teams that do so.
- You are an innovative and creative thinker who can articulate a compelling vision and get down into the lowest level of detail in order to operationalize it.
- You have deep experience working in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments and direct experience in corporate communications at a public company.
- You are confident in managing high-level internal and external stakeholders and have a reputation for working effectively with cross-functional partners.
- You possess excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines.
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details