Senior Director, Corporate and Strategic Finance - PlentyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Director, Corporate and Strategic Finance
- Job Location
- San Diego, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we are growing for a better tomorrow, today.
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Director, Corporate and Strategic Finance to play a key role in determining and securing Plenty’s long-term capital and financial strategy and serve as a key point of contact for Plenty’s current and future investors at the corporate and farm level. You will play a leading role in interfacing with the capital markets to secure funding for our farm assets and other key corporate initiatives. You will also be the go-to source at Plenty for complicated financial analyses that ensure the company accurately forecasts farm performance as we continue to develop our technology, and most effectively allocates our internal resources during rapid scaling. This is a key role with wide ranging impact and visibility across the organization. As the Senior Director, Corporate and Strategic Finance, you will lead our efforts to identify, evaluate, and execute financing strategies for our farms and other assets as well as at the corporate level. You will also work closely with the broader Finance organization, the Strategy team, and our entire executive team to shape our corporate strategy and drive key initiatives that will fuel our expansion and success in the AgTech industry. Finally, you will lead a team of finance professionals and collaborate closely with senior executives to provide insights, recommendations, and strategic direction for the organization's financial performance.
What you'll do
- Financing Strategy Development: Structure and secure financing for farm assets. This will require both a deep understanding of our farms’ technology and financial performance, and a deep familiarity with the capital markets across asset classes and financing types, including equity, mezzanine, debt, real estate finance, project financing, joint ventures, and more.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate internal investment areas as well as external growth opportunities, partnerships, and investments. Assess risks and opportunities associated with strategic initiatives.
- Stakeholder Communication: Present strategic initiatives, progress, and recommendations to the executive leadership team and board of directors.
- Capital Management: Manage the allocation of financial resources, including capital budgeting, investment analysis, and financial modeling. Optimize capital structure and funding strategies to enhance shareholder value.
- Leadership: Lead and mentor 1 or more finance professionals, fostering a culture of excellence, innovation, and collaboration. Provide guidance and development opportunities to team members.
- Deal Structuring and Negotiation: Participate in and in many cases lead deal structuring and negotiation efforts, ensuring favorable terms and agreements that align with the company's objectives and risk tolerance.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in finance related positions within the Technology industry or a related field. Could include project finance, corporate development, capital markets, etc. Experience structuring and securing funding for capital projects strongly preferred.
- Investment banking and/or private equity experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of successfully identifying and executing strategic transactions.
- Strong financial modeling, valuation, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and deal structuring abilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
- Participate and lead in the annual Management review of the Food Safety and quality system
- Ensure appropriate allocation of resources for food safety and quality and responsible for Food Safety at Plenty
Plenty’s target compensation range for this role is $225,000 to $250,000 for this location. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience and alignment with role requirements.
Plenty Headquarters Location
Plenty Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Plenty Founded Year
Plenty Total Amount Raised
Plenty Funding RoundsView funding details