Senior DevOps Engineer - Vue StorefrontView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Job Location
- Remote, Europe
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
OK, so let's start with a few words about Vue Storefront.
Vue Storefront is an award-winning and pioneering global technology startup setting a new standard in online shopping. A frontend website technology for eCommerce businesses, the company develops software for retailers to create fast, modern and high-performing online storefronts at a fraction of the cost and time.
Loved by developers, Vue Storefront provides a whole ecosystem of ready architecture, out-of-the-box integrations, and other frontend services that can work together or independently to cover the entire frontend development cycle – from build to launch.
Founded in 2021, Vue Storefront is a best-in-class composable commerce solution and market-leading Frontend as a Service currently used by 2,000+ live stores around the world. With a remote, global team of 100+ people and offices in San Francisco and Warsaw, Poland, customers include Baby Bunting, Zadig & Voltaire and Berlin Brands Group.
Supported by 130+ partners and a community of 10,000+ developers, Vue Storefront and its leaders are recipients of a number of industry awards, including Europe’s top tech startup prize and recognition from Forbes magazine.
Salary: $6'000-$8'000 per month
About the team:
Our team owns VSF cloud core infrastructure and assures its reliability (high-availability, cloud resources efficiency, scalability, security and cost optimization).
- GCP, Kubernetes
- Helm, Terraform, Docker
- Nginx, ElasticSearch,
- Github Actions
What will you be doing in this role?
- Implementing observability and monitoring stack for infrastructure and application layers
- Building and automating failover and recovery workflows
- Designing backup and recovery strategies
- Working on efficient usage of cloud resources to optimize cloud costs
- Acting proactively and responsively to infrastructure and application failures
- Mitigating incidents, repairing production problems, and automating operational tasks
- Managing application downtime by defining and measuring SLAs and Error Budgets
- Working closely with developers to support infrastructure configuration and service launches
- Designing, building and maintaining core infrastructure that enables VSF Cloud, take part in cloud architecture design
- Being on an on-call (PagerDuty) rotation to respond to incidents that impact Vue Storefront Cloud availability, and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
What do we expect you to have?
- 4+ years of proven hands-on DevOps experience
- 3+ years of very strong Kubernetes skills,
- 3+ years of experience with Terraform,
- 1-3+ years of strong experience with Google Cloud Platform
- 2-4 years of general development experience,
- Experience with:
- Containerization (Docker),
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- High-traffic infrastructures, and monitoring tools
- Working in an Agile environment
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of:
- best practices and IT operations in high availability environments.
- Automation and Configuration Management tools
- Fluent English (at least B2)
- Sharing our values:
- Vibe - you say what does not fit. You give feedback, and you listen to critical feedback as well.
- Self-driven - everyone's opinion is essential, but ownership is more important. You understand that someone has to take responsibility for the decision and how it affects the whole product or company.
- Focus - you stay aligned with what and how we act as a company. You move your WIGs (Wildly Important Goals) further. You take responsibility for your work and overlook the health of that area,
What can you expect?
- Senior and experienced team
- Budget and tools for your skills Growth
- Fully Remote work with flexible working hours
- Values-driven culture, friendly and supportive work environment
- Contract type tailored to your need
- Engagement: it’s full-time engagement in every case
- Ability to regularly attend conferences and community events, both as participant and contributor
- Flat organizational structure: it helps to focus on what’s essential - have no barriers in communication, no Corpo-language, no going things around, no need to do things differently than most smartly and efficiently.
- Relations: VSF values healthy relations and spends time together
- Benefits: contract type depending on your decision, Medicover medical care package, access to the pool of courses, time to time workation, flexible working hours, working from wherever you want.
Join us if you feel that it's time for you to join VSF’s extraordinarily enthusiastic and successful team!
Vue Storefront Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Vue Storefront Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Vue Storefront Founded Year
Vue Storefront Total Amount Raised
Vue Storefront Funding RoundsView funding details