Senior Development Manager - 31st UnionView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Development Manager
- Job Location
- San Mateo, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
We’re looking to add a thoughtful and strategic Development Manager to facilitate communication and support our team in achieving a high level of excellence and player engagement on our high-priority AAA project. You will work with a team of talented Designers, Producers and cross-discipline Leads to balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and mitigate risks while upholding and maintaining a quality bar.
- Collaborate with a distributed team of Designers, Artists, Producers and dev partners to drive the roadmap and priorities for your team, and work with dependencies across global studio locations
- Organize the direction, priority, and strategy for complex projects/teams while ensuring alignment with internal and external leadership
- Be deeply involved in features development and resource planning
- Build healthy, collaborative relationships with external teams or vendors while fostering an inclusive environment.
- Facilitate alignment through effective communication, problem-solving, risk identification and mitigation strategies.
- Maintain understanding of game release schedules and forecast project milestones
- Manage and develop Design team with thoughtful feedback, mentorship and career pathing.
Who you are:
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $100,000 and $145,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
- Proficient project management fundamentals including capacity planning, scope assessment and management, and project milestone planning.
- Solid grasp of project management software (e.g. JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence, Hansoft, etc.).
- Proven experience managing projects for both short and long iterations; being able to scope varied sizes and length of a project.
- Possess excellent people leadership skills and consistent record of effective management of senior resources
- Leverage experience building cohesive teams; identify resourcing needs, providing developmental opportunities and ensuring that all employees reach their potential.
- You have an abiding love of video games, playing them, talking about them, creating them!
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
31st Union Headquarters Location
San Mateo, CA
31st Union Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
31st Union Founded Year