Senior Designer - Epic GamesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Designer
- Job Location
- Cary,North Carolina,United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for Senior Designers to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role, you’ll drive a team of designers in order to create engaging content that supports a variety of systems, modes, and playstyles. Designers at Epic guide a cross-discipline development team responsible for engaging players with goals that enrich their experience and tie in to broader forms of progression.
In This Role You Will
- Guide and grow a team to craft goals for players that build their exposure, experience, and mastery of new and existing game mechanics all while immersing them in the world of Fortnite
- Own the design, vision, outcome, and communication for content that fulfills player experience as well as engagement metrics and supports broad systematic framework needs
- Collaborate with product management and marketing teams to ensure player satisfaction and overall game health
- Actively participate in big-picture decisions, and ensure the design team focuses on the right elements to achieve superior results
- Drive collaborative and iterative prototyping, both paper-based and in-game
- Work closely with production to identify, prioritize, assign, and evaluate design work
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience shipping multiple titles as a game designer working on goal-based progression systems
- 2+ years in a leadership role, including experience managing or leading a team
- Experience designing game content for GaaS model
- Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations, forms of play, and the effects of goal setting on play
- Strong interest in BR and multiplayer games with an understanding of what makes them work
- Organized leader who can structure and plan their own work, as well as guide planning for their teams
- Solution oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive to decisions
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Epic Games Headquarters Location
Epic Games Company Size
Between 2,200 - 10,000 employees
Epic Games Founded Year
Epic Games Total Amount Raised
Epic Games Funding RoundsView funding details