Senior Database Administrator - AccelaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Database Administrator
- Job Location
- Remote Based
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Database Engineer, you will work as an individual contributor delivering exceptional customer experiences and leading the implementation of critical features to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s products – both on the web and mobile. You will be part of the Cloud Operations DBA team supporting production and assisting engineering in developing new features and capabilities built on Ionic framework.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are an analytical person who has a passion for delivering high quality software and crazy about providing attention to details.
If you are a motivated Database Administrator / Engineer with excellent experience in all aspects of database administration and management, looking to join a collaborative and hardworking team, this might be a perfect fit!
- Key member of high-performance Cloud Engineering DBA team.
- Participate in on-call, production support activities, maintenance, and application releases.
- Complete customer requests within agreed upon SLO.
- Complete projects / Go-Lives as per agreed upon schedule.
- Drive incidents to resolution and permanent solution so that the problem does not reoccur.
- Develop PowerShell automation to replace any manual tasks; support existing PowerShell automation and contribute towards future changes.
- Deep Knowledge and Experience working with PowerShell to automate various database and application tasks.
- Develop and support Terraform automation for provisioning new infrastructure in Azure Cloud.
- Develop processes to transform legacy operations in to cloud native processes.
- Develop Accela’s next generation Civic application platform.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and QA engineers to deliver high quality database services.
- Collaborate with developers to perform database design reviews, database code reviews for high performance.
- Optimize the databases to maximize speed and scale.
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact.
- 7+ years of SQL Server work experience in production.
- 3+ years of Azure / Cloud experience.
- Azure cloud native services
- Azure SQL Database as a Service
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service
- Azure Networking
- Experienced in all aspects of database management.
- SQL Server Availability Groups
- SQL Server Log shipping, Replication and Database Mirroring
- SQL Server HA / DR
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Backup and Recovery
- Mastery in Windows System Administration and Windows clustering.
- Expert in creating, modifying, troubleshooting, and maintaining PowerShell automation scripts.
- Experience in managing 24x7 production database systems.
- Ability to remediate operational performance of database processes, including:
- System Health/Monitor: DB Monitoring – Idera and Datadog.
- Strong experience in working with Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Experience in Terraform for infrastructure provisioning in Azure Cloud.
- Ability to create automated remediation.
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful, and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Data migration between database platforms like Oracle and SQL Server is a plus.
- Experience with SSRS, Power Bi and Crystal Reports is a plus.
- Experience with Azure cloud native services, Azure SQL and Networking.
- Experience with Data warehouse and ETL processing is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field.
For more than 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Accela Headquarters Location
San Ramon, CA
Accela Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
Accela Founded Year
Accela Funding Rounds