Senior Data Strategist - UnitedMastersView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Data Strategist
- Job Location
- Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who We Are
We are a well-established independent agency and thriving music business, built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
We are an entrepreneurial business – not a traditional “ad agency.” That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. We’re unapologetically ambitious, but we’re also a tight-knit crew.
We are looking for a Senior Data Strategist to join UnitedMasters!
What You'll Do
- Translate data into actionable insights for departments across the agency
- Prepared to present insights internally to other departments to build out deep audience understanding and bring the audience data to life
- Ask the right questions and understand objectives to build a research approach to answer client and internal data requests
- Guide campaign measurement conversations, ensuring that we track the right metrics and use the appropriate tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience /familiarity with social data tools (e.g., Brandwatch…)
- Solid quantitative and research skills and proven data interpretation capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents
- Have a curious mind and a passion for understanding what drives consumers & culture
- Data visualization experience, nice but not necessary
- Latin-informed with concrete experience targeting/understanding the Latinx/Hispanic-American audience
- Proficient in social intelligence and/or media performance data
- 4.5 years of experience translating data into actionable insights
- Understanding of the marketing/advertising landscape and data’s potential within
- Exposure and/or experience with advanced analytics concepts
- The ability to think creatively about data collection, manipulation and application
- A track record collaborating with strategy, media and/or creative teams
- Deep experience in social media analytics and insights
- Hands on experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Developing measurement plans and campaign learning agendas
- Innate curiosity in sociology, media behaviors and audience insights
- Experience presenting findings to clients
UnitedMasters has over 1.5 million artists on its platform and is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others. Over the last year, UnitedMasters artists have used our platform to land sync deals with major brands including the NBA, ESPN, Overtime Elite, Bose, Warner Brother Studios and in the NBA video game 2k. These deals give them additional money for their work and increase their exposure.
Salary Hiring Range: $85,000 - $100,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide (e.g. bonus, stock options, 401(k) match, etc.)
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
The salary range above is for the NY/CA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location.
UnitedMasters Headquarters Location
New York, NY
UnitedMasters Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
UnitedMasters Founded Year
UnitedMasters Total Amount Raised
UnitedMasters Funding RoundsView funding details