Senior Data Scientist - Thyme CareView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Data Scientist
- Job Location
- Remote or Nashville, TN
- Job Description
Thyme Care is a value-based oncology management platform that provides personalized, clinically coordinated care to individuals with cancer. Thyme Care pairs human guidance with software and analytics to engage members with a cancer diagnosis, quickly connects them to the right care and provides ongoing support through targeted, evidence-based interventions. The company’s unique approach establishes deep provider relationships and integrates with a health plan’s existing infrastructure, coordinating value-driven care that leads to better outcomes, lower costs and an improved member experience. Backed with venture funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), AlleyCorp, Frist Cressey Ventures, Casdin Capital and Bessemer, Thyme Care partners with health insurance plans and providers to extend the reach of high-quality cancer care through flexible value-based payment arrangements, including risk-based programs.
As a Data Scientist, you will join our Data team to help us build and maintain strong analytic capabilities that will support Thyme Care’s mission. You will model data and create visualizations to report to stakeholders and deliver insights that drive action. To excel in this role, you should have experience working with healthcare data such as claims, prior auth, and electronic health records.
In this position, you will collaborate with our Product, Engineering, Clinical, and Operations teams to identify opportunities to further improve outcomes and track the efficacy of our interventions as we serve our members and clients. You will help us establish deep provider relationships by building data products to aid in practice transformation efforts.
After three months you will:
- Gained a deep understanding of our data platform and contributed to improving our data models and pipelines.
- Built relationships with oncology practices and providers and demonstrated Thyme Care’s expertise in building data & analytics products.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to understand their business requirements and translate them into technical plans. This involves developing data models, pipelines, and analytics dashboards with Looker or RStudio. For example, you may use dbt to build models that analyze medical claims data to identify utilization of value care across oncology practices or analyze dispersion of medical care among our members and its impact on out-of-pocket costs.
After 6 months you will:
- Take ownership and led the development of data models to measure the effectiveness of our interventions with oncology practices and report outcomes internally and externally.
- Play a key role in building our data infrastructure and creating a roadmap for scalable and modular data architecture to support our team's growth.
- Lead the development of utilization and quality metrics and become the go-to person for resolving stakeholder inquiries. Additionally, you will leverage our data assets for business opportunities and strategic initiatives at Thyme Care.
What leads to success:
- Act with our members in mind. Thyme Care’s mission, and in particular our member experience, matters deeply to you.
- Move with purpose. You’re biased to action. You know how to identify and prioritize your initiative’s needs, and do what it takes to ensure that urgent and important needs are acted on immediately.
- Seek diverse perspectives. You are humble and actively seek feedback from others, eager to learn and share knowledge.
- Experience. You have worked with large healthcare datasets, ideally in a health plan or healthcare-focused technology startup with mature data structures and pipelines as an Analytics Engineer or Data Engineer. Experience with medical claims, pharmacy claims, eligibility files, and other relevant healthcare data is essential for building data marts for reporting and analysis.
- Technical ability. You are proficient in analytical, data modeling, and data transformation is crucial. Familiarity with DBT is preferred, but we are open to candidates willing to learn it quickly. A working knowledge of Python or R and experience with Looker or similar BI tools for data analysis and visualization is a plus.
- Clear communication. You can effectively convey your thoughts and ideas to both technical and non-technical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a successful track record working at scaling organizations, in fast-paced environments, and at ambitious startups. You navigate through challenges and find solutions in uncertain situations.
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, subject to conflicting laws and exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Thyme Care. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Thyme Care employees. In accordance with New York City law, the base salary for this role if filled within New York City is $150,000-$170,000. The salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration so we allow some choice between equity and cash.
We recognize a history of inequality in healthcare. We’re here to challenge the status quo and create a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the members we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Thyme Care Headquarters Location
Thyme Care Company Size
Between 10 - 100 employees
Thyme Care Founded Year
Thyme Care Total Amount Raised
Thyme Care Funding RoundsView funding details