Senior Data Engineer - Alto IRAView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Data Engineer
- Job Location
- Remote, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Be a Part of Something Big
At Alto, we're changing the way people invest for the future.
For too long, only the ultra-wealthy could afford to benefit from alternative investments, and that meant a lot of missed opportunities for everyday investors. Alto was founded on the belief that a diversified portfolio is essential to investing for the future, and that's only possible if everyone can invest in the assets they're truly interested in.
So we created a solution that allows ordinary people to invest their tax-advantaged retirement funds into non-traditional assets, like real estate, startups, securitized artworks, cryptocurrency, and more.
By joining Alto's growing team, you'll be helping to make our mission a reality. And you'll work with some truly unique people who are passionate about what they do. We're also pretty big on celebrating individuality—after all, one of our core values is "you do you." And we actually live it. Really.
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our data infrastructure, as well as developing and maintaining data pipelines, optimizing database performance, and troubleshooting and resolving data-related issues. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of data architecture, database design principles, and data modeling, as well as experience with data warehousing and business intelligence tools, and programming languages like Python, SQL, and Java. If you’re a detail-oriented problem-solver with a passion for working with data, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
What you'll do
- Maintain our data warehouse with timely and quality data
- Build and maintain data pipelines from internal databases and SaaS applications
- Create and maintain architecture and systems documentation
- Write maintainable, performant code
- Implement the DataOps philosophy in everything you do
- Plan and execute system expansion as needed to support the company's growth and analytic needs
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to drive efficiencies for their work
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure data needs are addressed
- Provision and set up data platform technologies
- Manage and secure the flow of structured and unstructured data from multiple sources
- Acquire necessary data while ensuring it meets compliance and data privacy regulations
- Improve, manage, and teach standards for code maintainability and performance in code submitted and reviewed
- Create smaller merge requests and issues by collaborating with stakeholders to reduce scope and focus on iteration
- Ship medium to large features independently
- Generate architecture recommendations and the ability to implement them
- Participate in evaluation and implementation of new and major enhancements of reporting and business intelligence applications as needed
- Perform technical interviews
Who you are
- You have a firm understanding of modern data platforms, their underlying data and distribution models, and how to select appropriate tools for given requirements
- You can demonstrate application of security best practices (compute, storage, and network)
- You have professional experience using Python, Java, or Scala for data processing (Python preferred)
- You have knowledge of and experience with data-related Python packages
- You have a demonstrably deep understanding of SQL and analytical data warehouses (Snowflake or Redshift preferred)
- You have hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices at scale, and with with data pipeline tools (Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban, dbt, etc).
- You have strong data modeling skills and familiarity with the leading methodologies.
- You have experience with Salesforce, Hubspot, and Marketo as data sources and consuming data from SaaS application APIs.
- You are excited to jump in and share and work in accordance with our values
- You want to constantly improve product quality, security, and performance
- You have a desire to continually keep up with advancements in data engineering practices
- You understand and implement data engineering best practice
- You are a great communicator and can regularly achieve consensus amongst teams
What we'd like to see on your resume
- 4-5 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
We are a dynamic and collaborative team, all working towards a common goal. With every interaction, you feel our culture throughout our company. We care about diversity, inclusion, and belonging, and every voice is heard. We also care most about our people. We show it through our actions, and we offer a lot of really great benefits, including:
- A generous open PTO policy
- Comprehensive health insurance options for employees
- 401(k) with company match up to 3% yearly
- Equity as a part of your compensation
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- 12 paid holidays
- Discounted and/or free Alto investor accounts
- Four to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- A remote-first culture - work from home or our Nashville office
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the US
- An emphasis on work-life balance
- No-meeting Fridays
Well, what are you waiting for? Apply already! :)
Alto is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination of Any KindAlto is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alto are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alto encourages applicants of all ages.
About AltoFounded in 2015, AltoIRA aka Alto is a rapidly growing fintech startup based in Nashville, TN. At Alto, we’re building a next-generation platform to provide clients with the tools and opportunities they need to invest retirement funds into alternative assets. We’re empowering everyone to invest in what they choose and supporting their desire to take a more active role in shaping their financial future. The Alto platform streamlines the process for individual investors and advisors to access, research, and invest in alternative assets using retirement funds. It connects investors with private companies, fund managers, and over 50 recognized investment platforms, including Coinbase, Republic, Masterworks, and EquityZen, that offer access to a wide range of alternative assets, including startups, shares in artwork, real estate, cryptocurrency, and more.
Alto IRA Headquarters Location
Alto IRA Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Alto IRA Founded Year
Alto IRA Total Amount Raised
Alto IRA Funding RoundsView funding details