Senior Content Operations Strategist, Safety - DiscordView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Content Operations Strategist, Safety
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA or Remote (US only)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk.
At the heart of Discord's communities is Safety. The Safety team at Discord is responsible for ensuring users find belonging by minimizing exposure to spam and other forms of platform abuse. We are excited to find others passionate about making sure Discord is a safe and welcoming place for our users and hope you can join us on this mission.
As a Content Operations Strategist, you will have a meaningful understanding of content strategy and implementation, team building, and the abuse space, while working closely with a cross-functional team of dedicated professionals. This hire will report into our Learning & Implementation Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Protect and serve our communities by building Trust & Safety’s first comprehensive content operations function
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive content library that provides consistent and accurate information to our users and staff while promoting our Trust & Safety values and objectives
- Collaborate with Policy, Product, Engineering, and Trust & Safety teams to communicate and simplify operational policies, platform updates, and solutions
- Investigate and resolve content-related issues, and work with internal Safety teams to enforce content policies
- Conduct regular audits of user- and staff-facing content to ensure it complies with Trust & Safety policies and guidelines
- Monitor and report on content performance metrics, and use data insights to identify areas for improvement and optimization of our content operations
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, and proactively implement new content strategies and initiatives to enhance our communication with users and staff
- This hire will be writing and speaking about various types of sensitive and/or graphic topics within Trust & Safety, including but not limited to child safety and exploitation, hate crimes, crisis response, and violent imagery.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience managing both employee and user facing content for departments such as Trust & Safety, Customer Support, and/or Operations at a Tech company.
- Experience designing and implementing content policies and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product, Legal, Policy, and enforcement teams
- Experience using data insights to optimize content operations and achieve organizational objectives
- Experience implementing and utilizing knowledge management systems (KMS), learning management systems (LMS), or content management systems (CMS)
- Working knowledge of content governance principles and best practices
- Background in instructional design or adult learning theory
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $145,000 to $158,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Discord Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Discord Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Discord Founded Year
Discord Funding RoundsView funding details