Senior Constellation Systems Engineer - BlackSkyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Constellation Systems Engineer
- Job Location
- Remote, Seattle, WA, Herndon, VA
- Job Description
Senior Constellation Systems Engineer
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. BlackSky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
BlackSky is seeking a Constellation Systems Engineer to support our distributed remote Constellation Planning and Analysis (CP&A) team. As a member of the interdisciplinary CP&A team, this successful candidate will contribute to and apply internally developed modeling, simulation tools and techniques to a wide range of satellite constellation design and mission planning problems to report the performance of our constellation under various scenarios. You will have engagement with customer programs, business development and internal initiatives.
While the locations listed in the job posting are ideal, we would love candidates near either our Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA offices. We may also consider remote candidates in certain states.
- Develop analysis scenarios, configurations, and operations impacts to meeting specific requirements within BlackSky’s overall efforts.
- Use and improve constellation modeling and automation tools to report performance metrics for internal trade studies, program, and proposal efforts.
- Support documentation and presentation of analysis results highlighting key aspects.
- Support internal analysis product development, constellation performance demonstrations, and training.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 of years of relevant technical experience.
- Familiarity with spacecraft systems, concepts of operations, satellite constellations, or modeling and simulations.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple efforts.
- Ability with software languages (Python preferred).
- Demonstrated project experience in Python, JIRA, and GIT (or equivalent).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Familiarity with STK, Orekit, or other orbital analysis software tools.
- Experience working with colleagues in multiple time zones.
- Knowledge in a variety of remote sensing.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life and AD&D, voluntary life, and AD&D insurance
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses!
- 15 days of PTO, 11 Company holidays, four Floating Holidays (pro-rated based on hire date), one day of paid volunteerism leave per year, parental leave and more.
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Employer matching donations
- Professional development
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
The anticipated salary range for candidates in Seattle, WA is $115,000-$140,000 per year. The final compensation package offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on specific background and education. BlackSky is a multi-state employer, and this pay scale may not reflect salary ranges in other states or locations outside of Seattle, WA.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements:
BlackSky Headquarters Location
BlackSky Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
BlackSky Founded Year