Senior Computational Modeling Software Engineer - Montai HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Computational Modeling Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Cambridge, MA USA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company within the Flagship Pioneering Portfolio founded in 2019. Montai Health’s mission is to improve health outcomes for as many people as possible by unlocking the power of natural bioactives to more rapidly develop safe and efficacious therapies to treat and preempt disease. We do that through our CONECTA™ platform which comprehensively maps Anthromolecule bioactivity across pathways that drive disease. The CONECTA platform leverages rapid and ever-growing advancements in the digitization of natural chemistry and human biology coupled with powerful computational tools for linking chemical structure and bioactivity. This confluence of biotechnologies enables Montai to build a powerful, one-of-a-kind discovery platform focused on creating safe, effective, and more human-centric medicines than ever before.
We know that pioneering is an expedition. Our values reflect our mission and our culture:
- Human driven pioneering
- Relentless hunger for impact
- Interdependently ambitious
- Inclusive courage
Please join us on our expedition! For more information, please visit www.montai.com.
We are looking for a Senior Computational Modeling Software Engineer to join our small and growing team of machine learning scientists & engineers. This person will work within our Computational Modeling team and collaborate with groups throughout our Technology and Biology organizations.
- Directly support computational scientists on iterative development of reproducible ML models supporting a variety of drug development processes, including designing software architecture, implementing coding best practices and internal tools, deployment on internal resources, and bugfixing
- Enhance and maintain an internal tools and infrastructure including ML experiment tracking systems, CI-CD systems, supporting a dozen and counting software environments and build artifacts, a test suite of unit and end-to-end tests, CPU- and GPU-based model deployment resources, and model-specific interfaces and diagnostic tools.In this role, the Engineer will support tools and applications built and deployed with technologies such as,
- ML model training: pyTorch, TensorFlow
- Orchestration and Runtime: Docker, ECS, Lambda, EC2
- Cloud Infrastructure: AWS Cloudformation, AWS CDK
- CI/CD: Github Actions, AWS CodeBuild
- Source Control: Git, Github
- Package Management: Conda, Pip, pip-tools
- Demonstrated excellence in collaborating with computational and experimental scientists
- 5 years applied experience (academic and/or industry)
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field
- At least 3 years of experience developing production-scale software
- Ability to work effectively within in a small engineering team
- Linux administration and bash scripting proficiency
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency with Git
- Proficiency with ML ops in a cloud computing environment such as AWS
- Experience with at least one database, either relational or NoSQL
- Experience in a scientific or healthcare field
- Experience in a high-growth startup
- Experience working directly with people with scientific backgrounds
Values and Behaviors
We are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong communication skills, outstanding organization skills and impeccable record keeping, and comfort working in and contributing to a dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The level of the role will be commensurate with the education and years of experience of the identified candidate.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Montai Health Headquarters Location
Montai Health Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Montai Health Founded Year
Montai Health Total Amount Raised
Montai Health Funding RoundsView funding details