Senior Cloud Data Operations Engineer - LoyalView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Cloud Data Operations Engineer
- Job Location
- Anywhere in the US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Loyal is an organization centered on experience and building a platform that allows consumers to make meaningful decisions when it comes to healthcare. We deeply understand providers, locations, services, appointments, business rules, and moreover, we understand patients -- who they are, the preferred method of communication, upcoming appointments, lapsed appointments, outstanding bills, health risks, and more. With this intelligence, our platform fuels highly relevant and personalized experiences across all mediums (website, email, voice…) allowing patients to get healthy, stay healthy, and have a better relationship with the health care provider.
**This is a remote role**
The Senior Cloud Data Operations Engineer is responsible for delivering Loyal’s cloud-based data warehouse. They interface with groups across the organization to ensure we are collecting and storing data in a way that makes it easy to create and consume. They identify best practices for big data management, select the right tooling, create a workable data architecture, and drive an implementation roadmap others can depend on. The Senior Cloud Data Operations Engineer also works closely with our security group to ensure data security and privacy. They also mentor others on the team, providing technical leadership to those they work with.
- Create data streams and consolidate data sources into a single cloud-based data warehouse
- Architect and catalog data warehouse storage schema
- Work with product teams to enable easy data aggregation
- Work with data consumers (analysts, data scientists, and AI/ML engineers) to ensure data is easily accessible and consumable
- Create and execute a roadmap that meets data storage and availability goals
- Ensure data is secure through data analysis, access control, and encryption
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, applied math or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with cloud data processing services (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
- Minimum 3 year experience with Big Data technologies, such as Databricks, Snowflake, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Strong experience in creating data architecture and storage schemas required
- Significant working knowledge of SQL and other query languages and tools
- Significant experience with building relational database systems strongly preferred
- Experience with ETL tools a plus
- Knowledge of Python preferred
- Software development, data analytics, or data science experience is a plus.
- Experience working within a software as a service (SaaS) company preferred.
- Experience working within a high growth and/or ambiguous environment, with proven experience to be dynamic preferred.
#LI-REMOTEWe know that potential candidates are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be why you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies.Loyal to our employeesWe are a remote-friendly company! We encourage you to apply from anywhere in the United States. We also believe in a work/life balance that fulfills you while you’re here and supports you when you’re not. We built our benefits package to prove that we’re committed to you having everything you need (including a little fun). Here is what we offer full-time employees:
- Flexible paid time off, sick and personal days
- At least one holiday per month (sometimes, more!)
- Full health, dental, and vision insurance - Loyal pays the premium for all employees!
- One Time Home Office Setup Stipend For Remote & Hybrid Roles
- Monthly Internet Stipend for Remote & Hybrid Roles
- Long term & short term disability
- 401[k] plan
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 2 Volunteer days per year
- Matching Gift Program
- Participation Grant Program
- Annual Travel/Team Events up to twice per year (post-COVID)
We believe that the key to Loyal's success is you. Your unique background, life experience, knowledge, self-expression, and talent make you uniquely you. Who you are, what you have experienced, and how you think inspires us to be innovative and bold.
Loyal is an equal opportunity employer. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Further, consistent with applicable federal and state law, Loyal provides reasonable accommodations when requested by qualified applicants or employees with disabilities, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship. Loyal’s policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If you require a reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Department at email@example.com.E-VerifyThis employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.
Consistent with Loyal policy, candidates performing in-person work will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to Loyal’s vaccination requirement, please contact the People Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loyal Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Loyal Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Loyal Founded Year
Loyal Total Amount Raised
Loyal Funding RoundsView funding details