Senior Client Finance Manager - The ManyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Client Finance Manager
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The opportunity and why we need this role:
Senior Client Finance Manager
Our Senior Client Finance Manager owns all financial aspects of account management, as well as the day-to-day financial needs of our agency. The Senior Client Finance Manager is primarily responsible for partnering with the Business Leaders, Program Management (PM), Brand (CS) and Resource Management (RM) groups to understand and stay close to the status of client projects as it relates to client profitability, revenue recognition and A/R and WIP invoicing. The Senior Client Finance Manager will also manage budgets/transactions, payment management, forecasting, and communicating budget status with the team. The Senior Client Finance Manager also provides support to the MD, Finance. The successful candidate is comfortable with high level planning.
What this role is responsible for:
- Oversees a diverse portfolio of clients and will be the day-to-day point person for all financial and operational aspects of the accounts
- Facilitates project revenue recognition and resolves any discrepancies between actuals and forecast
- Generates client/job profitability reports consistently, following up with the CS/PM teams on margin and staffing issues facilitating mitigation plans if necessary
- Reviews contract pricing and staff plans to determine project profitability requirements are met prior to starting client engagements
- Maintains revenue forecasts with the CS/PM on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy
- Runs and analyzes burn reports with CS/PM on a weekly basis to ensure that projects are on track and appropriately staffed in comparison to baseline; escalate issues when necessary and suggest change requests for out of scope deliverables
- Partners with accounting and billing teams to review WIP accounts regularly, ensuring that billable costs are posted to WIP correctly and invoiced in a timely manner
- Understands the complete processes (system requirements, system limitations, forms, responsible parties, reporting capabilities, etc.) for various tools that the team utilizes
- Trains PM and Client Service teams on best financial management practices
- Manages account-level financials with Sr. Client Financial Analyst and client teams
- Leads pricing and scoping efforts for new business and organic growth with MD, Finance
What we need from you:
- 6 years financial experience
- Experience within an advertising agency, consultancy or project oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other applicable field
- Experience in a business-facing / non back-office role is strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills along with the ability to listen and empathize
- Superior technical skills in MS Office and/or Google Sheets.
- Experience in financial analysis, forecasting, profitability analysis
- Strong strategic and analytical ability
- Care about working with a team dedicated to delivering award-winning work
- Be flexible and open to new approaches and methods
- Comfortable or thrive in a loosely-structured environment, have a proactive approach and are solution oriented.
- Bring a problem-solving attitude and approach.
- Enjoy being part of a team, not only just in finance, but also, as part of the broader agency.
- Have a point of view supported by data.
Other things we’d like to see:
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and other business fundamentals.
- Experience with Netsuite, preferred
Our salary range for this opportunity is $125,000 to $150,000 annually. There are several factors taken into consideration in determining base salary, including but not limited to: job-related qualifications, skills, education and experience, as well as job location and the value of other elements of an employee’s total compensation package (i.e. benefits, retirement plan employer match, etc.).
The Many Headquarters Location
Pacific Grove, CA
The Many Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
The Many Founded Year