Senior Channel Account Manager - SmartsheetView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Channel Account Manager
- Job Location
- Tokyo, JPN
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Smartsheet is seeking a Senior Channel Account Manager to drive the Japan channel business based in Tokyo. The primary focus will be to optimize, activate and recruit our Japanese channel by managing and recruiting new solution partners.
The channel account manager is a quota-carrying, revenue-producing role that is responsible for recruiting, onboarding and managing relationships with a defined portfolio of partners. The role will be responsible for selective new partner recruitment against our ideal partner profile, engaging partners with the Smartsheet Aligned partner program, driving joint partner business planning, and collaborating with Smartsheet direct sales teams locally.
The role will be reporting to the Sr. Manager, APAC Channel Sales Leader (located in Sydney) and based in Tokyo, Japan.
- Strategically advise and collaborate with key stakeholders on the ideal Japan channel strategy. Focus countries, 1 or 2 Tier models, partner quantities and types, unique program needs, and partner enablement requirements.
- Recruit new partners aligned with our ideal partner profile. Current partner types include: VARs, Referral Partners, Distributors, System Integrators, and ISVs.
- Manage the procurement process through and with partners.
- Manage all current Japan partnerships.
- Exceed revenue targets by developing and maintaining relationships with potential and existing channel partners.
- Ability to infect prospect partners with enthusiasm for an emerging software category - Collaborative Work Management.
- Engage and manage Smartsheet partner programs and relationships in support of partnership objectives and sales opportunities (e.g. direct sales, sales engineers, channel marketing).
- Manage a multi-quarter and annual planning process with key partners: Enablement, Co-Marketing, Sales pipeline. Channel pipeline, forecast reporting and track progress through the sales cycle. Host QBRs.
- Drive monthly partner alignment sessions to review partners’ pipelines, conduct win/loss analysis, and develop account penetration strategies to identify and build new sales opportunities
- Provide ongoing sales coaching and sales enablement activities to front line partner sales reps and SEs on Smartsheet value selling.
- Work with the partner organizations to ensure they complete any required partner training and certifications
- Work with partners and other resources (Channel Marketing Managers) on developing and executing a partner marketing plan to drive demand in support of revenue targets
- Hold periodic meetings with the partners to review open opportunities, challenges and support needed to close partner opportunities.
- Review and advise partners on sales responses for RFIs/RFPs
- Secure ongoing partner preference and investment in supplier relationships and offerings; grow the supplier’s share of mind and share of wallet within the partner organization
- Manage partners’ compliance with channel program requirements and governance on channel policies to maintain the partner relationship
- Provide field and partner input and feedback to internal supplier functions (e.g. sales, product, marketing) on tools and programs
- Must be willing to travel (when public health policies allow)
- Minimum 5-7 years of sales experience in Enterprise Application software; SaaS experience preferred.
- 5+ years of channel experience and, ideally, an existing network of software focused partners in the Japan region. Understanding of a hybrid go to market model.
- Communication skills: Native-level Japanese and business-level English (verbal and written)
- Ability and proven experience thinking strategically about a Japan channel strategy - Partner Types, Programs, Coverage, Focus, and skill at planning for Scale.
- Enjoy the fast-paced environment of sales and want to apply that determination to a more strategic role
- Understanding of a services led partner model, where the core value proposition for partners is delivering their own professional services. Not license transactions.
- Demonstrated ability with partner recruitment and joint business planning.
- Strong planning & organizational skills - can balance a lot of priorities and conversations
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teaming
- Currently reside in Japan. Willingness to commute into Tokyo with some regularity, but not daily.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Germany, Costa Rica, Australia, and Japan. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Smartsheet Headquarters Location
Smartsheet Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Smartsheet Founded Year
Smartsheet Total Amount Raised
Smartsheet Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity