Senior Camera ISP Engineer - LatitudeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Camera ISP Engineer
- Job Location
- Pittsburgh, PA, Palo Alto, CA, Detroit, MI
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Latitude AI (lat.ai) is an automated driving technology company developing a hands-free, eyes-off driver assist system for next-generation Ford vehicles at scale. We’re driven by the opportunity to reimagine what it’s like to drive and make travel safer, less stressful, and more enjoyable for everyone.
When you join the Latitude team, you’ll work alongside leading experts across machine learning and robotics, cloud platforms, mapping, sensors and compute systems, test operations, systems and safety engineering – all dedicated to making a real, positive impact on the driving experience for millions of people.
As a Ford Motor Company subsidiary, we operate independently to develop automated driving technology at the speed of a technology startup. Latitude is headquartered in Pittsburgh with engineering centers in Dearborn, Mich., and Palo Alto, Calif.
Meet the team:
The hardware sensing team is responsible for the benchmarking, characterizing, and nomination and integration of all sensors. We work cross functionally with systems, perceptions, vehicle integration to ensure the sensors meet Latitude’s ODD requirements, perception requirements, and that it is integrable and reliable in Ford’s series vehicles. We are expected to understand sensing from a first principle approach and to ensure those principles are designable and manufacturable. We keep a breadth of all sensing technology, sensing vendors, and integration technologies. Members of the team are expected to be highly multidisciplinary, as successful sensor integration requires expert understanding and comfortability of concepts across many disciplines–from hardware and software.
What you’ll do:
- Design state of the art ISP pipeline for L3 and L2 applications
- Work with internal team and third party vendors to achieve optimal image quality tuning
- Work with other camera engineers to characterize lens, imagers, camera module performance
- Work cross-functionally to align on camera pipeline requirements
- Work with perception, and machine learning team to tune ISP parameters to ensure accurate and stable data products
- Work with the firmware team to ensure image meta data are properly mapped
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field and 4+ years of relevant experience (or Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, or PhD)
- Extensive experience with camera ISP, camera design, optical system design
- Extensive experience with sensing for robotics systems
- Experience with the image quality processing process, automotive environment preferred
- Experience with fundamental image signal processing algorithms, –3A, de-noising, tone-mapping, HDR techniques
- Experience with ISP implementation in hardware, such as ASICS, FPGAs, 3rd party ISP silicon
- Comfortable discussing system requirements and their traceability to sensor requirements
- Comfortable with concepts in machine learning, deep learning, general neural networks
- Competency in Python/C++/Matlab
- Adjacent experience in optics, optical simulation, lens design is a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account with available employer match
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- 15 paid holidays
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks for onsite employees
- Pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Adoption/Surrogacy support program
- Backup child and elder care program
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Learn more about Latitude’s team, mission and career opportunities at lat.ai!
The expected base salary range for this full-time position in California is $152,320 - $209,440 USD. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Latitude employees are also eligible to participate in Latitude’s annual bonus programs, equity compensation, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
Candidates for positions with Latitude AI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Latitude Headquarters Location
Latitude Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Latitude Founded Year
Latitude Total Amount Raised
Latitude Funding RoundsView funding details