Senior Backend Engineer - NovoView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Backend Engineer
- Job Location
- Ahmedabad | Bangalore | Gurgaon
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Hybrid work culture
- Offices in NYC, Miami, and India for those that want to whiteboard in person
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who understands how to develop innovative product features while maintaining and scaling critical infrastructure. If you're passionate about working on end to end feature development and building products that transform the way business owners bank, then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
About the Role
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software and new user-facing features across Novo’s products and services.
- Drive technical decisions on a multi-functional, Agile team alongside product management, product design, and engineering.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability and analyze feedback from customers and internal teams to identify issues and improvement opportunities.
- Champion a passion for engineering best practices such as code quality, linting, and testing.
- Ensure our software is reliable, extensible, maintainable, debuggable, secure, well-tested and performs well under load.
- Mentor junior engineers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Stay engaged with latest technologies and evaluate strategies to keep the Novo technology stack up to date.
Requirements for the Role
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical role at a hyper-growth startup or fast-paced company.
- Extensive background designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business goals and initiatives into technical requirements.
- Strong understanding of SQL database.
- Demonstrable experience architecting scalable and cost effective solutions to ensure and support customer growth.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Strong understanding of system design and architecture.
- Interest in engaging with latest technologies and evaluating strategies to keep the Novo technology stack up to date.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams effectively.
How We Define Success:
- Ensure assigned tasks are delivered within a given timeline along with test cases.
- Ensure code follows guidelines & standards set by the company.
Nice To Have
- Experience with Go programming language
- Experience with AWS
Novo values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.
Novo Headquarters Location
Novo Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Novo Founded Year
Novo Total Amount Raised
Novo Funding RoundsView funding details