Senior Auditor, Finance Governance and Controls - OportunView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Auditor, Finance Governance and Controls
- Job Location
- Remote US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
- Assist in the annual SOX 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process identifying significant locations, business units, transaction cycles and critical processes and accounts ensuring an adequate scope and testing of the Company financial statements based on criteria defined each calendar period.
- Assist in the coordination of management SOX 404 process controls documentation and review controls to ensure adequate design and identification of key controls for assigned critical processes/accounts.
- Assist in the coordination and the completion of the annual SOX 404 Compliance Plan in compliance with required timelines.
- Coordinate with business owners to ensure controls are being properly designed and thought through when business or organization changes occur.
- Act as a go-to person for internal controls within the organization and provide a reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner.
- Perform SOX testing of design and operating effectiveness Liaison with the external auditors as required.
- Assist in ad hoc projects as required.
- Skills covering internal control documentation, process narratives, process flows, risk assessments, and related areas.
- Understanding of and experience in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including internal control scoping, documentation, testing and remediating control deficiencies.
- Strong independent problem solving, self-management, and analytical skills - Service-situated outlook; strong sense of duty regarding quality and continuous improvement –“can do” disposition
- Strong communications abilities – both written and oral
- Strong investigative and critical thinking abilities
- Good business knowledge and working experience in the area of process improvements
- Solid understanding of internal controls approach, practices and US GAAP - Professional qualifications proportionate to CPA/CIA/CISA is an advantage - 3+ years’ experience in public accounting with financial audit and SOX 404 audit experience is preferred
“The US base salary range for this full-time position is $70,000 - $108,500
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects a national minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range that meets your criteria during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
Oportun Headquarters Location
San Carlos, CA
Oportun Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Oportun Founded Year
Oportun Total Amount Raised
Oportun Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Debt
Post Ipo Debt