Senior Analytical Chemist - Air CompanyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Analytical Chemist
- Job Location
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
AIR COMPANY, a world-leading climate technology producer and provider, is paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO2 into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide & water via renewable energy into a suite of innovative carbon-negative products including AIRMADE™ SAF, AIR Vodka, and AIR Eau de Parfum.
The company has commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue & Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and has been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. The organization has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
AIR COMPANY is proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Its team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering, and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct. Learn more at AIRCOMPANY.com
We are looking for an Analytical Chemist to join our team. This person will report directly to our Director of Innovation. The ideal candidate will have rich experience in operating and maintaining Gas Chromatography (GC), Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GCMS), and Liquid Chromatography (LC) instruments, as well as developing analytical methods using these techniques. The Analytical Chemist will play a key role in our analytical chemistry laboratory, supporting research and development efforts, conducting quantitative analysis, and ensuring high-quality control of analytical data. The candidate should have experience with Chemstation and Chromeleon, and ideal industry experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, or environmental sectors. This role will be based in Brooklyn, New York.
What you get to do
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot GC, GCMS, and LC instruments, including Chemstation and Chromeleon software, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
- Develop and validate analytical methods for the quantitative analysis of samples using GC, GCMS, and LC techniques, following established protocols and industry standards.
- Conduct sample preparation techniques, including extraction, derivatization, and purification, as necessary for analysis.
- Perform routine and non-routine sample analysis using GC, GCMS, and LC techniques, interpret data, and prepare analytical reports with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure timely delivery of analytical results, and effectively communicate any deviations or issues encountered during analysis.
- Assist in the maintenance of laboratory equipment, including calibration, troubleshooting, and documentation of instrument performance.
- Initiate upgrade of testing capacity include but not limited to metal analysis (ICP), elemental analysis (CHN EA), surface characterization (SEM, XRD, TEM, etc.), chemadsorption (BET, TPR, TPD, etc.).
- Stay current with advancements in analytical chemistry techniques and instrumentation, and apply this knowledge to improve laboratory operations and analytical methods.
- Follow all safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment.
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- Bachelor's degree in Analytical Chemistry or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in operating and maintaining GC, GCMS, and LC instruments, and developing analytical methods using these techniques.
- Strong understanding of the principles of analytical chemistry, quantitative analysis, and quality control.
- Proficiency in interpreting and analyzing complex analytical data, and preparing detailed analytical reports.
- Experience with Chemstation, Openlab, Chromeleon, Empower software for instrument control, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards, regulations, and guidelines.
- Ideal industry experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, or environmental sectors.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve instrument issues.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work.
- Master’s degree preferred
Salary Range: $85,000 - $110,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Working at Air Company
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good…
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% of paid premiums for employees.
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Catered meals
Air Company Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Air Company Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Air Company Founded Year
Air Company Total Amount Raised
Air Company Funding RoundsView funding details