Senior AML/CFT Officer & DMLRO - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior AML/CFT Officer & DMLRO
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Senior AML/CFT Officer & DMLRO
Adyen is looking for an experienced AML professional to strengthen the AML/CFT Compliance Team that understands the importance of AML/CFT compliance and can help us grow our business in a sustainable way. The successful candidate will be acting as a DMLRO (Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer and a second line AML/CFT Officer who is able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, in particular the first line of AML analysts and the developers who are responsible for the ongoing improvements of the AML Framework. Also, will advise stakeholders within the company on the (potential) ML/TF risks with regards to new and existing customers.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze customer transactional behavior following respective alerts generated and escalated from first line analysts to conclude if transactions are in line with expectations, or if there are reasonable grounds for suspicion of ML/TF transaction;
- Build on continuously improving the AML/CFT Framework of Adyen which includes business rules and machine learning models by using a data driven approach;
- Keep track of new developments around regulations and find smart solutions to mitigate ML/TF/Sanctions risks within the transaction monitoring field;
- Set and review AML/CFT & Sanctions policy standards for our global business;
- Provide training and workshops to build on the knowledge of AML/CFT & Sanctions;
- Investigate unusual / suspicious transactions and report them to the relevant FIU through GoAML & other modes of reporting;
- Cooperate and provide all the necessary information to the CBUAE, FIU and LEA as and when required;
- Ensure that all controls required under UAE AML/CFT & Sanctions Regulations and International Standards are embedded in the policy and procedures;
- Promptly escalate and/or resolve as appropriate any critical AML/CFT/Sanctions issues to ensure that the entity is not investigated, charged, fined or publicly castigated by any of the regulatory authorities and/or international bodies for breach of AML/CFT/Sanctions controls;
- Manage regulatory projects such as gap analysis and implementation of new regulatory requirements.
Who You Are
- You are a UAE experienced AML/CFT officer / specialist (5 years +) with a good understanding of AML/CFT laws and regulations and how these can impact our growing business;
- You have extensive knowledge on the payments and/or banking/finance industry;
- You can use technology and data to automate and scale key processes;
- You are resilient and have the capacity to challenge and influence whilst remaining focused on growing a sustainable business;
- You have the ability to clearly explain AML/CFT & Sanctions compliance and related risks, develop sound mitigation strategies and find workable solutions;
- You have the ability to structure and prioritize in a high volume, fast-paced environment and drive a process to completion;
- You are a team player that does not shy away from taking ownership;
- You are holding a CAMS certification or equivalent certification;
- You have excellent English communication and writing skills;
- You have a solid practical understanding of the onboarding and KYC lifecycle;
- You are able identify reasonable grounds of suspicion from FCC perspective drafting and reporting of suspicious & unusual transactions and activities in the format of STR/SAR;
- You are capable of conducting thematic reviews, complex AML/CFT including TBML investigations;
- You are experienced in using GoAML and other modes of communication with the CBUAE, FIU & LEA.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Total Amount Raised
Adyen Funding RoundsView funding details