Senior AML Monitoring Alert Investigator - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior AML Monitoring Alert Investigator
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Senior AML Monitoring Alert Investigator
In order to build a sustainable business, we, as a financial institution, need to know at all times what our customers are up to and whether this is in line with the rules, regulations and our risk appetite. And all of this in a scalable way. Within the AML Operations team we are looking for a Senior AML Monitoring Investigator, somebody who can stand up to this exciting opportunity in a growing and dynamic business. You are somebody who takes ownership, tries to identify businesses in our portfolio that might pose an increased money laundering, terrorism financing or other compliance related risks to Adyen using our in-house built and maintained tooling. In addition to that, you will be responsible for recommending and establishing internal procedures to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. You are somebody that can take full control over their own workflows, always looking to make the right ethical choice for the company. You are looking to innovate, and be critical to find new and better ways to utilize established processes and disciplinary knowledge to formulate strategic recommendations on policies, procedures and practices.
What you’ll do
- Conducting comprehensive and thorough case investigations which includes analyzing transaction information, researching customer data, examining open source and media checks and recommending whether a SAR should be filed or not.
- Working cooperatively with internal departments to obtain and analyze necessary information related to the investigation.
- Utilize information from regulatory changes, new regulations, and internal policy changes to further identify new key risk areas and work together with internal departments to set the appropriate controls in place.
- Provide support to the AML Alert Handling Specialists for questions and complex cases.
- Assist, train and coach new team members.
Who you are
- 4 to 8 years of relevant experience in AML or transaction monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of AML laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, excellent oral and written English.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Experience in the financial sector is a must. Experience with payments is a plus.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds