Security Engineer - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Security Engineer
- Job Location
- Washington, D.C. or Remote, USA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
About The Role:
The SandboxAQ team is looking for a security engineer to help functionalize the next generation of cybersecurity systems. A successful candidate will help ensure that the solutions are designed and developed in a secure manner, according to best practices. The candidate will also conduct technical security assessments, code reviews and vulnerability testing, in collaboration with the other teams, to improve security aspects. They will be part of a diverse team consisting of cryptographers, mathematicians, ML experts, and physicists, where they will play a key role in efficient and effective enablement of the technologies being developed.
This position is contingent on contract award.
- Analyze and discover security vulnerabilities in both proprietary and open-source software
- Develop security tools for solutions protection, monitoring, remediation and reporting
- Conduct security reviews of both testing and production infrastructure
- Provide security expertise and guidance to the research, engineering and business teams
- Lead internal security process at Sandbox
- ~20-40% travel to client site near Washington, DC
- US Citizenship and/or security clearance is required due to USG contract requirements
- Experience developing in C/C++ and Python on Linux hosts
- Deep expertise in vulnerability testing, code auditing and reporting
- Excellent understanding of security engineering, computer and network security, applied cryptography and security protocols
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment and deal with uncertainty and fluidity
- Solid experience with compliance regulations: interpretation and implementation of standards as well as audit collection
- Strong knowledge of the current threat landscape, including common attack types and malware capabilities
- Ability to utilize static analysis and fuzzing tools
- Proficiency in using reverse engineering tools (e.g., IDA Pro, Ghidra)
- Track record of publications, talks and/or CVEs
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details