Scientist III - Electrochemist - Air CompanyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Scientist III - Electrochemist
- Job Location
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
AIR COMPANY, a world-leading climate technology producer and provider, is paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO2 into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide & water via renewable energy into a suite of innovative carbon-negative products including AIRMADE™ SAF, AIR Vodka, and AIR Eau de Parfum.
The company has commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue & Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and has been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. The organization has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
AIR COMPANY is proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Its team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering, and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct. Learn more at AIRCOMPANY.com
We are seeking a Scientist III, Electrochemist to join our team. This role will report to our Directory of Chemistry. This position will be responsible for developing novel C02 electrolysis technologies to support Air Company’s business growth. This role is based in Brooklyn, NY.
What you get to do
- Propose electrochemical based CO2 conversion chemistry and technology routes to synthesize fuels and chemicals from CO2
- Carry out experimental setup, design of electrochemical reactors, and procurement of systems on the lab scale for CO2 utilization.
- Identify and develop new catalysts, materials, and electrode architectures to enhance CO2 conversion efficiency and selectivity.
- Conduct parametric studies to understand the influence of operating conditions on system performance and identify optimal process parameters
- Work closely with scientists and engineers in the R&D and Engineering departments to scale up and optimize the electrochemical processes
- Work with outside collaborators in the field of electrochemical technologies to commercialize new innovations
- Present technical results internally and externally in the field of electrochemical energy conversion
- Work closely with business partners to identify the most valuable and profitable products to be made from these electrochemical processes
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field with a focus on electrochemistry and gas phase chemical conversion.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of electrochemistry
- Hands-on experience in device manufacturing and electrolyzer set-up at laboratory scale
- Experience performing experiments in electrochemical carbon dioxide reduction using continuous flow electrolyzers
- Highly motivated scientist with strong desire to develop changing world technologies
- Productive PhD student with proven track record of publications in highly ranked academic journals
Salary Range: $90,000 - 100,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Working at Air Company
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good…
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% of paid premiums for employees.
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Catered meals
Air Company Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Air Company Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Air Company Founded Year
Air Company Total Amount Raised
Air Company Funding RoundsView funding details