Scientist II - Element BiosciencesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Scientist II
- Job Location
- San Diego - Headquarters
- Job Description
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a role as Scientist II to join the Genomic Applications team. The successful candidate will demonstrate an attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively with other team members as well as with other inter-department stake holders. The candidate will support efforts to develop, validate, and launch new NGS library prep products and kits.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop NGS library prep workflows for Elements sequencing platform
- Design and execute experiment plans to demonstrate technical feasibility
- Overcome technical difficulties with creative ideas
- Design and execute new product verification and validation plans
- Support new product tech transfer activities as needed
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams
- Write and present reports and project assessments to Applications team and inter-department stake holders
- Strong technical understanding of and proficiency with NGS library prep methods and technology
- Demonstrated experience with RNA-Seq and DNA-Seq library prep methods and workflows
- Self-motivated and strong problem-solving ability
- Familiar with NGS data analysis is a plus
- Experienced user in data analysis tools, e.g. Python, R, ImageJ, JMP, etc. is a plus
- Experience leading a new product development project, or member of a team, from feasibility to launch
- Familiarity and knowledge of stage-gate, or phase-gate, product development pipeline
- Highly collaborative and able to work well within multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field with 2+ years of experience, preferably in industry, or Masters with 6+ years of experience, preferably in industry
- Experience with product development and launching new commercial products
- Extensive experience in nucleic acid process and manipulation, NGS assays, library prep workflows, and sequencing platforms, etc.
BASE COMPENSATION PAY RANGE: $110,500 - $130,000
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Element Biosciences Headquarters Location
San Diego, CA
Element Biosciences Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Element Biosciences Founded Year
Element Biosciences Total Amount Raised
Element Biosciences Funding RoundsView funding details