Scientist I- Formulation Characterization and Development - AlltrnaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Scientist I- Formulation Characterization and Development
- Job Location
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About the Role
We are looking for a Scientist to join the formulation team within our growing tRNA CMC Group. The candidate will be responsible for developing and characterizing LNP/ other NP formulations to support both the company’s internal in-vitro/ in-vivo studies and external animal tox/ clinical batches. If you like a fast-paced, science driven research environment discovering how a new therapeutic modality can be shaped to meet the needs of patients suffering from serious underserved diseases- this is the role for you. You get to be part of the team that writes the playbook for developing tRNA molecules as therapeutics. You will be critical in developing and evaluating a delivery platform for tRNA’s. We operate in an open and inclusive learning environment and need nimble thinkers who can chart courses and plan experiments based upon the data that we generate together cross-functionally.
· Design, develop, and optimize tRNA LNP/ NP characterization and stability assays using standard and novel methods.
· Provide physical chemical/ analytical characterization support to company's (both internal and external) in vitro, pre-clinical, clinical and stability programs.
· Evaluate, interpret, and compile LNP/ NP characterization data into study reports for leadership team and potential regulatory filings.
· Assist in setting and maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering, and receiving of lab supplies.
· Ensure adequate rigorous laboratory practices and documentation in regulatory-ready research manner.
· Write study specific procedures for analytical methods, protocols, and reports and provide training on processes and equipment.
· Evaluate, interpret, and compile formulation/ characterization data into study reports.
· Summarize and present data to key internal stakeholders from interdisciplinary teams.
Qualifications and Skills
· PhD (Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or a related discipline) with 0-2 years of direct experience in formulation/ characterization of LNP or NP
· Understanding/ experience in analytical/ bioanalytical characterization of LNP/ other NP formulations (Size/ PDI, charge, RNA quantitation assays, UV-Vis, HPLC etc.)
· Experience with DoE, JMP, MATLAB or other analytical/ data analysis tools.
What We’ll Offer You
· Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
· A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
· Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
· Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Our Core Values
1. PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER. We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
2. CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY. We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
3. COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD. We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
4. OUR PURPOSE FUELS US. We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
5. WE ARE ONE TEAM. We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERYDAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE. WE ARE ALLTRNA.Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Alltrna Headquarters Location
Alltrna Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Alltrna Founded Year
Alltrna Total Amount Raised
Alltrna Funding RoundsView funding details